Monstertube jr seal/gasket

Talk about ball pumping, stretching, ball enlargement techniques.

Moderator: bigray57

Fr0st

Monstertube jr seal/gasket

Post by Fr0st »

I think I need a new gasket/seal because I pump up to the hg level I want, and within (I’m just guessing) 5 minutes, it’s back down to zero hg. And the replacement gaskets on the monstertube website are a bit expensive (in CAD with the tariffs/customs fees on top). Is the an acceptable alternative or am I screwed and have to get/pay for the “official” gasket.
SFBallpumper

Re: Monstertube jr seal/gasket

Post by SFBallpumper »

Before you replace the gasket, try replacing the small “O” ring. It goes on the fitting that screws into the Monster Tube (where you connect the tubing). It’s usually black. The ring is a standard faucet washer that you can get at a locally owned hardware store for under 25 cents. Giant home improvement centers usually only sell them in big bags of 50 or 100. You only need one.

I bought a used MT and found that the leak was there, not with the gasket.

To replace the ring, unscrew the fitting, then remove it from the fitting. Wash it by hand in hot, soapy water to get it to return to its original size and shape. Then take it to the hardware store and ask for a faucet washer that’s the size of the one you have. Because the MT has a curved surface, you’ll need a thick one to seal it properly.
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
Pumping Now

Re: Monstertube jr seal/gasket

Post by Pumping Now »

Put yourself in the tube with warm water & pull a vacuum. Bubbles of air will come in from the leaky spot.
Balls flopping free like a bull. To my knees, and beyond!