10ga to 4ga?

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

Deggs79

10ga to 4ga?

Post by Deggs79 »

Hello, new here with a recent PA and already I love it
It’s starting to feel completely comfortable even at just 2 weeks
I have a question, I am currently with a 10ga captive ball ring and wondered if going to a 4ga (5mm) barbell with large balls like 16mm would be doable?
I’m not doing anything for at least another 6 weeks (it’ll be 2 month in total by then) but wonder if anyone has done the same or if it’s too ambitious?
Anyway this is me and mine 😉
Attachments
4EEB85D8-F591-49CF-9E56-D229EA05C3DB.jpeg
pumper6

Re: 10ga to 4ga?

Post by pumper6 »

Hey man, congrats on your PA! I love mine and currently at a 0ga. As for your jump from a 10 to 4 ga, that is very dangerous and not possible. I would recommend allowing your 10 ga heal for a total of 4-5 months and on the 5th month, stretch training with a 8ga taper and replace with a 8ga ring. then wait for that that to heal for 3-4 months and then taper stretch with a 6ga and replace and so on and so forth.

I started my PA journey in the spring of 2020 and not its 2022 and now I am at a 0 ga. It's been a huge learning curve with some setback for me in order to get to a 0ga. My goal is 00 ga possibly 000ga but I think I will not be able to accomplish that till next year as I have only been at 0 ga for two months, and it is still healing. When ready to stretch, I use emu oil from Painful pleasure online and it heals with healing and stretching.

Stay safe
P6
Deggs79

Post by Deggs79 »

Thanks for the reply! Congrats on making it to 0ga. I have definitely realised that my plan is way to ambitious so I’m gonna go with a 10ga curved bar with large balls until it’s properly healed then follow the steps as you suggest
I guess it’s all a learning curve but it’s good to get feedback from people who have gone through it
I also love my piercing, just wish I did it sooner 👍🏻
nutT

Post by nutT »

I would not make that big of a move. I have a PA at 000 gauge. It took me a little over a year to move from 10g to 000g. But it’s just to big. So big it’s painful to pee. So I usually stayed at 00g
I did not wait 4-5 months to make these changes. Once your piercing gets comfortable so you can take it in and out easily try the next size up taper just keep working at it day to day until it works.
I just did my own apadravya at 14g in two weeks I was able to move up to 10g.