My 1st time

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

racer-x

My 1st time

Post by racer-x »

Here are some pictures of my 1st time day...I made just under 1500ml then snagged the line and it touched the floor I did not want to put it back in. or waste another cath on just
another 500ml or so. Anyway most likely best to play it safe and stop early.

I have plenty of saline for another round. I did have problems getting a 18 gauge cath in at 1st so I ran with 22 gauge 1st and once the the 1st bag was done
I was able to get the 18 gauge cath in much easier. Man a 2nd set of hands would really make it much easier though. I think I might be hooked

Sealing the hole has been a problem but I think it has slowed up on the leaking...I wonder How long it should take to heal/seal up? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Attachments
P1280182.JPG
P1280178.JPG
Oregazmick

Re: My 1st time

Post by Oregazmick »

Thanks for your pics. Very impressive, particularly for a first time. You were absolutely right not to reinsert it after dropping it on the floor. Safety is paramount!
ole.saline

Post by ole.saline »

dont use katheter, only needles. Kath makes a big hole, result is leaking.
ole.saline
racer-x

Post by racer-x »

thanks for the input.. I will order some needles next time or remove the sleeve part. How long will it leak?
RicanMan2001

Post by RicanMan2001 »

Very impressive results! Keep going and posting!
Moderate pumping to get the best results. Sometime going to extreme pumping to my own enjoyment and to impress my friends :)
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

18g catheters can create a fairly large hole that will be difficult to seal. There is no real need for that large of a bore. It is actually better to infuse a bit slower so the skin can have time to stretch. I use 20 or 22g catheters. I prefer a 20g just because it's a bit stiffer than a 22. But the 22s are easier to seal post infusion. I do recommend the denture adhesive and a small band-aid. It works in a "wet" environment much better than crazy glue. Are you using dermabond? Just curious. With a 20g catheter using denture adhesive, I can get it sealed most often in about 5-8 minutes.

In terms of the catheter hitting the floor, good thing you didn't reuse it. There is no 5-second rule with medical procedures! LOL! Also, in the hospital, once a bag is "spiked"' it is only good for 24 hours. Keep that in mind if you want to use a partially used bag of IV fluid.

I hope this helps.
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

Looking good. I agree that an 18g infusion is a bit quick. Your skin has to be really loose and warm for you to not lose any of your saline into your body cavity, cuz that's where it will go if your scrotum doesn't want to make room for it. If you're infusing quickly this can become a bigger issue, so try a 20g if you can.
CJS

Post by CJS »

That's a very fine first attempt.
CJS
KEEP ON PUMPING