monster sphere

Talk about ball pumping, stretching, ball enlargement techniques.

Moderator: bigray57

hax0rsaw

monster sphere

Post by hax0rsaw »

Wasn't too sure about this tube, but turns out I like it alot...
My-Recording-3-poster.jpg
neonpumper

Re: monster sphere

Post by neonpumper »

Beautiful man, you’ll be able to get hug in that. Is it one piece or two and where did you get? What are the measurements?
hax0rsaw

Post by hax0rsaw »

thank you - I got it off ebay - some guy in Australia sells them. And yea, long time MonsterTube pumper here, but if I just want to get big in all directions, this tube is the best. I usually do 2 hours in the MS and then two hours in the MT, daily.
IMG_0052 2.jpeg
He has a twitter here for info:

https://twitter.com/monster_sphere
ShadetheDWolf

Post by ShadetheDWolf »

hax0rsaw wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:16 am thank you - I got it off ebay - some guy in Australia sells them. And yea, long time MonsterTube pumper here, but if I just want to get big in all directions, this tube is the best. I usually do 2 hours in the MS and then two hours in the MT, daily.IMG_0052 2.jpeg

He has a twitter here for info:

https://twitter.com/monster_sphere

Are you able to provide a link to the monster sphere maker? Thanks!
Fr0st

Post by Fr0st »

I don't think it’s made anymore after the supply shortages from after Covid hit. And the last post in the twitter link is from 2020, because I was interested in getting one of these during the first or second lockdown period, but they were “temporarily” out of stock. Never seemed to come back even though the maker said they’d come back (at least I think I remember reading that somewhere on the twitter page). Same with the bullmaster magnum, they say it’s not discontinued. Yet I’ve never seen it come back in stock ever in the last 3 or so years.
ShadetheDWolf

Post by ShadetheDWolf »

Fr0st wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:51 pm I don't think it’s made anymore after the supply shortages from after Covid hit. And the last post in the twitter link is from 2020, because I was interested in getting one of these during the first or second lockdown period, but they were “temporarily” out of stock. Never seemed to come back even though the maker said they’d come back (at least I think I remember reading that somewhere on the twitter page). Same with the bullmaster magnum, they say it’s not discontinued. Yet I’ve never seen it come back in stock ever in the last 3 or so years.
Ah well. But on the note of the BM, idk when the change happened, but I saw they increased the prices (sharply) for the Bull masters and the STJ and such. I think the 357 is still the same, but example; when I got my magnum with silicone seal, I only paid around $300 for it. It’s now up to $420. Without shipping and what not.

Sooo, I’d assume they’re either expecting to be in stock at some point and they’re covering material and supply cost, or (and I hope this isn’t the case), they’re expecting stock and expecting many people to buy and thusly increase the price for them, whether it’s to gain revenue or to try in dampen how much is bought to keep supply stable. Idk, it’s all my perspective on what could be happening. We will have to wait and see though.
thboy

Post by thboy »

For a globe/sphere: look on Amazon or elsewhere for an acrylic lighting globe. Drill a hole and add the fitting of your choice. A few people here are using them wet or dry.

Look for one that has a neck rather than just a hole/opening.

I made a 6” and an 8”. Working on filling the 6” first but the 8” is ready to go. There are also sizes above 8”. Works with a Juicy or Juicy XL or probably most any seal. Also works without a seal if you cleanup some of the edges.
Doxen

Post by Doxen »

thboy wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:45 am For a globe/sphere: look on Amazon or elsewhere for an acrylic lighting globe. Drill a hole and add the fitting of your choice. A few people here are using them wet or dry.

Look for one that has a neck rather than just a hole/opening.

I made a 6” and an 8”. Working on filling the 6” first but the 8” is ready to go. There are also sizes above 8”. Works with a Juicy or Juicy XL or probably most any seal. Also works without a seal if you cleanup some of the edges.
That's a great tip, let's see what I can craft!

It's a fraction of the cost to gather the parts and spend a few hours compared to shipping and import taxes to europe on either tube brands.
729b4l

Post by 729b4l »

Been using one for years. Look here for one.

https://lightbulbsurplus.com/clear-8-pl ... crew-neck/
Dink

Post by Dink »

hax0rsaw wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:44 pm
Any ideas about what the deal around the outside is made of? It doesn't look like rubber, but am wondering if it a type of weather stripping that can be put in the edge of a jar.
hax0rsaw

Post by hax0rsaw »

vinlyish maybe...
thboy

Post by thboy »

If you are interested in making your own seal for the globe, I suggest that the person who was originally selling the monster sphere was including a seal similar to this recent thread, Homemade Seal:

viewtopic.php?t=57056&hilit=Seal

The Juicy works fine if you have a Juicy. Above 10” vacuum the globe neck feels uncomfortable without a seal to me. I have been using the Juicy for over a year, before buying the Juicy, I used one of the new style foam toilet flange gaskets. The foam flange gaskets sold in my area are green.

I recently ordered two flanged 6” flanged hemispheres to try and make a split version.
DickBulger

Post by DickBulger »

Any ideas about what the deal around the outside is made of? It doesn't look like rubber, but am wondering if it a type of weather stripping that can be put in the edge of a jar.
[/quote]

It's proly a "U" shaped edge trim...
I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YPZC9Y9?re ... tails&th=1

I cut to length as needed, and bonded (vulcanized) the ends with contact cement (rubber cement).
Dink

Post by Dink »

thboy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:36 pm I recently ordered two flanged 6” flanged hemispheres to try and make a split version.
I've been thinking about making a 2 piece unit - I have a tendency to get stuck sometimes, and a split unit would cure that. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

hax0rsaw wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:16 am I usually do 2 hours in the MS and then two hours in the MT, daily.IMG_0052 2.jpeg
I just wanted to go on record as saying this is a fantastic pump result. You should be proud.

Cheers,
Russ.