sounding session without lube?

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

sarf2k7

sounding session without lube?

Post by sarf2k7 »

Any of you guys know if I can go for a sounding session without a lube? If don't have any do you guys got an alternative other than using only lube for sounding sessions?
Curious One

No lube

Post by Curious One »

Precum?
Faust

Post by Faust »

or spit maybe??
xavier

Post by xavier »

Faust wrote:or spit maybe??
No not spit! This is the worst lube for sound play.
Precum was a great suggestion! Benzocaine 20 % (oral analgesic gel) works great as lube as well as pain relief for stretching :idea:
8) X
sarf2k7

Post by sarf2k7 »

any other alternative by using a homemade lube like using cooking oil?
5p0u1mp1

Post by 5p0u1mp1 »

any lube that is not hypoallergenic or free of glycerin can hurt you, i know, i tried! i used astroglide once, but the glycerin in it burned me from the inside. plus, depending on how deep you want to go, that lube could enter your bladder, or will anyway from sounding, and you could get a bladder infection. i'm not as experienced as everyone else here, but i did sound for a little while, and don't anymore after a scare (got some bleeding!). Sliquid H2O is pretty pure, and didn't burn me. i wouldn't use a silicone based lube, don't know if that's good for your insides.

BUT, lube will keep you from ripping up the ultra soft lining of your urethra, and the slightest sign of uncomfortable sounding can lead to cuts/tears of your urethra, which can lead to scarring, which can lead to slight blockage, which could lead to...i don't know! But, be careful, lube makes it more fun!
sarf2k7

Post by sarf2k7 »

So.... is cooking oil safe to use as a lube for a sounding session?
luchs32

Post by luchs32 »

I have to say Yes and No to the oil question. Corn, safflower, or other mixed and processed cooking oil is not very safe to use in the long run.
For the most part it has chemicals in it that you just do not want in your pisshole and potentially toxic. And can harbor the bacteria that can cause yeast infections in both men and women if left too long in place and inside the urethera it is hard to clean out thoughly after using that kind of oil.

Lubricants based on vegetable oils and petroleum products are often very slick and long lasting. Pure Vegetable oils common in many over the counter lubes include: Olive, Sesame, and Palm oils, (NOT CORN) to name just a few of the many possible varieties. Most petroleum-based lubes are varying grades of petroleum jelly, with Vaseline being the best known brand.

Both plant oils and petroleum lubricants are made of hydrocarbon chains, long strings of carbon atoms with hydrogen atoms attached to the sides. The texture of petroleum-based lubes is determined primarily by the lengths of the carbon chains.

Molecules made of chains ten to fifteen carbon atoms long form mineral oils and light watery lubricants. Longer chains are heavier and clump together to form jellies like Vaseline. Still longer chains result in paraffin wax.

Vegetable oils are a little more complicated. They're also made of hydrocarbon chains. However, they typically consist of multiple chains linked together by a glycerin molecule. Like petroleum products, heavier oils usually are made of longer chains. In addition, light, watery oils can be made to solidify by changing the number of hydrogen atoms attached to the chains, through a process known as hydrogenation. Margarine and shortening are made from light vegetable oils that have been hydrogenated.

Hydrocarbon chains that make up oils are highly hydrophobic. If you've ever made salad dressing with oil and vinegar (which is mostly water) you've seen how hard it is to mix the two.

The molecules in oils and petroleum products don't attract each other or your skin very strongly, which is why they're slippery.

You might think oils and petroleum jellies would be easier to clean off of your body if they're not as strongly attracted to your skin as is water, but that's clearly not the case. One reason it's harder to remove hydrocarbon lubes is that their large molecules don't evaporate very well. If you get water on your skin, just wait a while and it'll dry all by itself. Oils and petroleum products will stick around for ages with little or no sign of evaporation, which is good for long lovemaking sessions, but not so great for the post-coital clean up.

The fact that the lubes are hydrophobic also means that you cannot simply rinse them off with water. To remove the lubes you'll need to wash with soap.

Many men prefer oils and petroleum products over water-based lubes for masturbation. Some people feel that they are better suited for anal sex because the petroleum jellies in particular are heavier and last longer. Hydrophobic vegetable oils and petroleum lubes work well in the tub or pool because they won't rinse away.

Unfortunately, all oils and petroleum products dissolve latex, and should never be used in combination with latex condoms, diaphragms, and latex sex toys. It's also generally a bad idea to use them for vaginal sex because the soap necessary to clean the lubes away removes the protective vaginal mucous as well or within the urethera. This leaves the delicate membranes open to infection.

If you feel the need to use an oil, then use pure Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil or another pure oil. Nothing Hydroginated on or in the label.

Avon's Skin So Soft bath oil has been used without problem on my part not only as a lube for insertions but also good for sex too. This too is an oil based product and should be used sparingly.

All emulsions, including most lubes advertised as creams or lotions, have either oil or silicone mixed with water. Be sure to check the ingredients before using an emulsion in combination with latex or silicone prophylactics and toys; all the same precautions apply for emulsions as do for simple oils, petroleum jellies, and silicones.

KY Jelly, (NOT THE WARMING KIND) is also good. However the longer the play the more you use as it is absorbed and has to be replenished..

But it's possible to exploit the forces between molecules to ensure that water stays slippery. That's what's going on in water-based lubes. These types of lubricants work in one of two ways; either by ensuring that the water molecules clump together so that you are less likely to get a thin adhesive layer, or by reducing the water molecules' attraction to each other and other hydrophilic materials. Some lubes have ingredients that do both.

Mixing in glycerin is one way to make water molecules clump together and form a good liquid lubricant. Glycerin is a small molecule that's hydrophilic in two places. As a result, water can attach to each side of a glycerin molecule. Another glycerin then attaches to the water, and so on. Eventually long molecular strings will form. If you could see the mixture through a powerful enough microscope, you would see that the strings tangle up like spaghetti. They slip and slide, like a plate of heavily buttered pasta noodles. To the naked eye, the result is a clear liquid that is much thicker and slicker than water.

The binding between the glycerin and water is weak enough that water molecules can break free of the mixture. They may then evaporate or get absorbed into your skin, which means that lubes relying on glycerin to hold water molecules together will slowly dry out. The glycerin molecules that have lost their water will be mildly attracted to your skin, which makes the lube get sticky as it dries. Adding a little water will restore the glycerin lube's slipperiness.

Glycerin is related to the sugar glucose. If you taste some, you will see that glycerin lubes are sweet. Like sugar, glycerin is a good energy source and sometimes serves as a nutrient for microbes. Women may find that glycerin lubes foster yeast infections. If you or your lover suffers from frequent vaginal infections, look for glycerin-free water-based lubes. There are several other molecules that can hold water together as glycerin does, without feeding populations of vaginal bacteria and fungi.

Another way to make water stay slippery is by mixing it in a gel. Gel lubricants get their jelly-like consistency from long molecules of protein rather than short glycerin molecules. The proteins in gels have many places along their lengths that attract water. Chemical treatments or heat cause the long molecules to crosslink, which means that they connect to each other in some places.

It's like tying pieces of string together at random places to make a loose, three-dimensional web. Water molecules get trapped in the web at the hydrophilic points along the protein molecules. Food gelatins, like Jello, trap water the same way.

The more places that the molecules are connected in a crosslinked gel, the more rigid and jelly-like the gel will be. Like glycerin lubes, water-based gels may dry out in time. Because they're more complex than liquids, with water trapped in a net of crosslinked proteins, you cannot rejuvenate them as well by simply adding water. It's better to add fresh gel if it gets too dry.

Many gel and liquid lubes include surfactants to make the water in them ultra slippery.

Water-based lubes are safe for use with latex condoms and diaphragms, as well as all sex toys. They wash off easily with nothing more than warm water.
Luchs32
sarf2k7

Post by sarf2k7 »

My place don't sell the sex lubes so I'm finding another way that can act as an alternative lube for me to run a sounding session
purpletop

Lubes

Post by purpletop »

Personally I have used, with no problems, Neosporin with the pain relief additive. Slides right in. Take the tube, make sure the tip is clean, insert it, hold your slit closed around the tube and give yourself a slow generous filling. Will feel a bit uncomfortable the first few times, but does not hurt, you get used to it. Have a full bladder filled with good old cranberry juice. Have a fun insertion, then a good old pee. Minimal broken glass feel doing this too!
sarf2k7

Re: Lubes

Post by sarf2k7 »

purpletop wrote:Personally I have used, with no problems, Neosporin with the pain relief additive. Slides right in. Take the tube, make sure the tip is clean, insert it, hold your slit closed around the tube and give yourself a slow generous filling. Will feel a bit uncomfortable the first few times, but does not hurt, you get used to it. Have a full bladder filled with good old cranberry juice. Have a fun insertion, then a good old pee. Minimal broken glass feel doing this too!
Did you mean cooking oils?
purpletop

Re: Lubes

Post by purpletop »

[quote="sarf2k7"][quote="purpletop"]Personally I have used, with no problems, Neosporin with the pain relief additive. Slides right in. Take the tube, make sure the tip is clean, insert it, hold your slit closed around the tube and give yourself a slow generous filling. Will feel a bit uncomfortable the first few times, but does not hurt, you get used to it. Have a full bladder filled with good old cranberry juice. Have a fun insertion, then a good old pee. Minimal broken glass feel doing this too![/quote]

Did you mean cooking oils?[/quote]

No the antibacterial. You said where you were they did not sell the fun lube. Where I am they do not either, but you can find Neosporin anyplace. Works for me, keeps the broken glass piss at a minimum and gives you the added antibacterial protection.