Accidental breast experiment: 1 saline, 1 saline+dex

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

djstaircase

Accidental breast experiment: 1 saline, 1 saline+dex

Post by djstaircase »

Hi,

First time posting here. I've done breast saline infusions 4 times now and on my last one a couple days ago I accidentally performed an experiment on myself, so I thought I would share.

I always use pure saline, but I had 2 bags of Saline 0.9 + Dex 5% in my box of supplies. I had just started the infusion and realized that oops, I'd used 1 bag of pure saline for one breast, but saline + dex for the other breast! I had never used dex before and thought of just disconnecting and cancelling my play for the day, but then decided this was the perfect opportunity to try dex and see exactly what it does.

I immediately ate 2 bananas because I remembered the muscle cramp issue others had reported here due to low potassium.

I also remembered that most people say to use half as much dex as the amount of saline you can take, due to swelling. So I adjusted the drips so that the saline was infusing twice as fast as the dex. On my last infusion I'd taken about 700ml per breast, so I figured I would shoot for the same amount this time: 700 of saline and 350 of saline+dex.

While it was infusing I couldnt help but notice how the saline hurt (that stingy/achey pain) and how the dex didn't hurt in comparison. Night and day, really. I also noticed that they both expanded at an amazingly similar rate. I checked the drip rate constantly because it was hard to believe the saline was flowing twice as fast as the dex - they were growing at the same rate. I kept checking constantly and they grew pretty much the same as usual. When I'd take 700 saline in one breast and 350 saline+dex in the other, I stopped and sealed up as usual.

After the sting wore off and they softened a bit they really were the same. Like, amazingly so. The dex breast did not continue to expand. Over the course of the day of play they also shrunk at the same rate. I'd heard that dex lasts longer but that was not the case at all in this instance. I checked constantly. The next day they were both basically gone.

My biggest takeaways:
I was shocked at how the 2:1 ratio was so spot-on. I would have expected at least some lopsidedness but there really wasnt any and I checked thoroughly and often!
I was surprised the dex didnt last longer - people say it lasts longer than saline but it didnt for me.
I was surprised that the expansion pretty much completes during the infusion, not afterwards.

Hope this helps someone as yet more data. I need to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences - I would never have tried this without all of the amazing information here shared by generous people. Its now my favorite activity :)
eam2012

Re: Accidental breast experiment: 1 saline, 1 saline+dex

Post by eam2012 »

interesting, Good to know. I am looking forward to trying dex again with this info
phranti

Post by phranti »

Thanks for the info, but it would be remiss not to point out the dangers of such a mistake...if you are able to miss something so obvious, are you sure you're taking the appropriate amount of care with things like hygiene? Not trying to be a party pooper, but as we all know, things can go sideways. Stay safe and have fun peeps.
boobies!!!!
djstaircase

Post by djstaircase »

TBH I think I missed it because of my obsession with hygeine and proper sterile procedure. I wasnt thinking about those 2 bags I'd bought months ago but decided not to use, only about being SUPER careful with the IV and needle procedure. In my mind at that moment I only had 1 kind of bag in my box of supplies.

I use a written checklist and I've added "doublecheck the bag contents" to that checklist - it wont ever happen again :)
eam2012

Post by eam2012 »

I never thought of doing a checklist. I will add that. I just wish I got to have boobs more often. I'm just getting to do once a year right now...