Using a mini CO2 inflator? (Update: even more)

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

melikeinflate

Using a mini CO2 inflator? (Update: even more)

Post by melikeinflate »

An interesting question I've had, stemming from lack of space/equipment and budget for doing N2O inflations.

Would using a small hand-held CO2/N2O inflator for bike tires and/or sports balls be a viable option to carry out N2O inflations as opposed to a whipped cream dispenser? I don't wanna take any risks or do anything dangerous or stupid, so I figured I'd ask around here since many people here have plenty of experience with this stuff.

Any info helps, thanks!
Attachments
61AhNBxZ0UL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Last edited by melikeinflate on Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slkdyk

Re: Using a mini CO2 inflator?

Post by slkdyk »

This looks like it could deliver too much pressure. If you could regulate it down to 1 PSI or less would be much better. If you like the needle for basketballs then use a manual tire pump. It is amazing how little pressure is required. Using a drip bag with only about 12"-15" of drop from bag to insertion is only about 1/2PSI.
Be careful.
Sorry I could not answer the phone, I was tied up at the moment. ;-)
KYMcz

Post by KYMcz »

It interests me too. Some type of manual tire pump that is bought on ebay?
melikeinflate

Post by melikeinflate »

slkdyk wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:31 am This looks like it could deliver too much pressure. If you could regulate it down to 1 PSI or less would be much better. If you like the needle for basketballs then use a manual tire pump. It is amazing how little pressure is required. Using a drip bag with only about 12"-15" of drop from bag to insertion is only about 1/2PSI.
Be careful.
Interesting, I was also worried about pressure delivery, but another concern I have is keeping everything sterile to avoid any kind of infection. Would using a manual pump be too much of an infection risk? I have seen videos of people using manual pumps, but it always worries me about how safe/sterile they are.
coastal_male

Post by coastal_male »

I just used this exact mini inflator this last weekend. I does work well but be very careful the volume of air comes out very fast. You have to be very easy on the trigger. Practice a little before doing it.
AnotherCrazyCanadian

Post by AnotherCrazyCanadian »

DO NOT USE CO2! N2O is fine but I was told you can really risk serious damages or even death with using CO2. As for it's sterility, I'm not convinced the metal is super clean on the inside as it's made for bikes and not food consumption. I'm not sure what the standards for manufacturing are though.
melikeinflate

Post by melikeinflate »

AnotherCrazyCanadian wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 am DO NOT USE CO2! N2O is fine but I was told you can really risk serious damages or even death with using CO2. As for it's sterility, I'm not convinced the metal is super clean on the inside as it's made for bikes and not food consumption. I'm not sure what the standards for manufacturing are though.
Thanks for the info, no doubt I don't want to do anything stupid or dangerous. Some people have recommended a hand operated pump instead, but again, the issue of sterility comes up. I'll do more research on it and see what it take to clean something like that.
kiwibop

Post by kiwibop »

Hi melikeinflate. The issue with hand pumping is not cleaning the pump; it is the fact you are pulling whatever viruses and bacteria that are floating around in the air into the pump and than pushing them into your scrotum - inherently risky compared with food grade NO2 cartridges which are sold as sterile or virtually so
melikeinflate

Post by melikeinflate »

kiwibop wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:44 pm Hi melikeinflate. The issue with hand pumping is not cleaning the pump; it is the fact you are pulling whatever viruses and bacteria that are floating around in the air into the pump and than pushing them into your scrotum - inherently risky compared with food grade NO2 cartridges which are sold as sterile or virtually so
that's also a concern I had, what ever was in the atmosphere would be pumped in, I had a strong feeling that couldn't be safe.
JimmyJones

Post by JimmyJones »

Yes, for the love of god please do not use a hand pump to inflate yourself, and do not inflate yourself with "air". You are just asking to get a horrible infection, and "air" inside your body will takes days, or even weeks to be completely absorbed. You'll have gross feeling pockets of air moving around your body that can cause any number of horrible problems.

Stick to the food grade N20 canisters, and like many others have said, those small C02 inflators can easily do damage to your body with how much pressure they can put out. If you insist on using one, put an N20 cartridge into it instead of C02, and try to do it very, very slowly. You can even bend and pinch the tubing you are using like a garden hose to slow or stop the flow of gas. Many people buy those whip cream dispensers that use N20 cartidges and then attach a pressure regulator on the end so that no matter how hard they pull the trigger on the dispensor the regulator does its thing and regulates the pressure down super low at all times. Its much safer.
melikeinflate

Post by melikeinflate »

Ballin on a budget is a huge under statement here, folks. So, I finally acquired the tools to perform N2O inflations and larger food grade 16g whipped cream chargers, I was especially lucky to find this tire inflator that has a control handle rather than a button.

With all said and done, any one got any tips for making the thing sterile and safe?
Attachments
IMG_20200207_154157.jpg
IMG_20200207_154142.jpg
melikeinflate

Re: Using a mini CO2 inflator? (Update: did the deed)

Post by melikeinflate »

Welp, I did it
Attachments
IMG_20200410_230321.jpg
PandaBurloon

Post by PandaBurloon »

Thats looks pretty good! Glad that it worked out for ya.
kp2

Post by kp2 »

That looks ... amaze-balls. :wink:
How did you penetrate your sac?
Reduce your pictures' sizes => Reduce your carbon footprint :)
melikeinflate

Post by melikeinflate »

well I used a tack needle to pierce the skin of my dick, not my sack (took me 4 attempts), I used a tack needle to create the hole, an exacto knife to widen the hole enough, and then I finally slipped the large needle connected to the charge dispenser. My god did it feel strange, but amazing at the same time, never felt anything like it before. Currently the day after (roughly 16 hours later) and there's barely any N2O left in there now. If I'm fine for days after this (since I'm paranoid about the safety) I'll most likely record a video of it soon.