4L saline belly! And saline chemistry lesson

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Kusnak907

4L saline belly! And saline chemistry lesson

Post by Kusnak907 »

Yes, four whole liters ! BeforeI’d like to explain how I feel like I achieved this size without any complications. As some of you may know, I have medical professional experience with these infusions, and have knowledge of electrolyte balances in the body, and how the body manages fluid, and so forth, HOWEVER! Disclaimer, I am by no means, a doctor or an advance practice practitioner, not a chemistry teacher, or anything like that, everything is in my opinion, so if you’d like to try what I did, use at your own risk. I write this with the intention of helping others have an easier time infusing.

The infusion took a total of two hours, and 30min, and had two 18G catheters in either side of the button, I have pressure bags that help squeeze the saline in faster through the lines, that cuts down time, however, it can be very uncomfortable at incredible fast speeds, so be cautious with it, even if you’ll be infusing another part of your body.

I prepared by drinking a half cup of water (120ml), with a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate, and lime and salt to taste, this was done to help my body stay a little bit more basic, as in acid base balance, our bodies like to be a little bit more basic, than acidic. If you ever noticed, saline bags have a pH content of 5.5to 5.6, it even says on the bag, ( I never knew, a doctor that I work with calls them “acid bags” and I asked why and then, surprise!) and if you know the normal pH scale, 7 is neutral, anything less is acidic, anything more is basic, so in my opinion, by having my body slightly more basic, made me feel like I handled the infusion a lot better.

During the infusion, I use EVERYTHING sterile, which as you should. including the gloves, I scrub with Chlorhexedine in the insertion sites, the same stuff they use for surgeries. Just thought I’d mention that, I also drank 500ml of tap water during the infusion to help counteract the high levels of sodium these saline bags have (tap water brings your sodium down)

Anyway, here’s what you clicked this for!
Attachments
BF240729-04A5-40D2-8C1E-FB50C064E1F1.jpeg
E4931879-1010-405E-BAFA-3C5FB02B6675.jpeg
946DD8F4-858B-4725-9726-401BB2EC755C.jpeg
C2CDAC02-380A-4B28-A960-4106FC042544.jpeg
4C31D0AD-5412-4B62-B6B3-AC8770FCAC4C.jpeg
C7BFF5EF-0471-4763-B4AC-3F3E3490A16A.jpeg
PolandN2O

Re: 4L saline belly! And saline chemistry lesson

Post by PolandN2O »

This is amazing :P I absolutely love this! Can't wait to see 6l version of you :P <3
I work in hospital too (Physio and dietician) blood is alkaline solution so there is no reason for saline to be acid. Sometimes saline may contain other salts than NaCl (NaCl is neutral salt that doesn't affect pH). For example 0,9% solution of AlCl3 would be acidic. Can you show me label of saline that you used?
Kusnak907

Post by Kusnak907 »

PolandN2O wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:32 am This is amazing :P I absolutely love this! Can't wait to see 6l version of you :P <3
I work in hospital too (Physio and dietician) blood is alkaline solution so there is no reason for saline to be acid. Sometimes saline may contain other salts than NaCl (NaCl is neutral salt that doesn't affect pH). For example 0,9% solution of AlCl3 would be acidic. Can you show me label of saline that you used?
Thank you sir !! 😊this was so fun, and gotcha, that makes sense ! I used Baxter brand for saline, it says in the bag in the description of its contents, what the pH is of the bag, google says that too. A doctor pointed this out for me because he hates using saline for volume resuscitation in his trauma patients, he’d rather use blood products. “They’re already crazy acidotic when they lose liters of blood, so why make them more ?” It was during a trauma presentation that he gave, using research as back up, just a quick little thought :)

And man, idk if I could reach 6! Maybe one day :)
eam2012

Post by eam2012 »

acidic vs alkaline is bullshit woo. Dont worry about any of that nonsense...
Kusnak907

Post by Kusnak907 »

eam2012 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:02 pm acidic vs alkaline is bullshit woo. Dont worry about any of that nonsense...
That’s right! I’ll just worry about it in the workplace, haha
eam2012

Post by eam2012 »

Inside your body isn't like in a lab. The only people that make that claim want to sell you something...