First Infusion! Tips?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Willswilly

First Infusion! Tips?

Post by Willswilly »

I have some supplies on the way for my first Infusion, I've read through mSmSaline's guide a few times and have researched it a lot but any tips for a first timer?

I absolutely can't wait to feel huge!
Metal_Micky

Re: First Infusion! Tips?

Post by Metal_Micky »

Warm the IV bag, do it in a warm room, keep well hydrated... have patience and make sure you don't get interrupted!
Willswilly

Post by Willswilly »

Metal_Micky wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:15 pm Warm the IV bag, do it in a warm room, keep well hydrated... have patience and make sure you don't get interrupted!
Definitely make sure I'm not interrupted lol~ how long should I warm it for/how hot it should it be? Microwaves are finicky and each one is different nowadays
rajrajiv

Post by rajrajiv »

Use 0.9% saline and nothing else for ur 1st infusion.

use surgical spirit or alcohol swabs to clean every thing bcoz any infection is very harmful and also embarassing :D

warm to saline bag only upto 100F, do not put in a microwave. use normal hot water in a bucket or somthin and dip the bag in it for somtime. wipe it dry and use surgical spirit on the nozzle to wipe it b4 inserting the IV drip.

Place the needle just below the skin and not too dip inside and go very slow.

https://www.heavy-r.com/video/180026/Ho ... fusionquot_/

here is a video if you want to watch.
just4me

Post by just4me »

Could you just put the bag of saline against your body? I warm up my silicone ring this way. It warms up to my body temp and feels ok.
Read that guys thread on heating saline in a microwave and... feel bad.
5Lsal

Post by 5Lsal »

rajrajiv wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:33 am warm to saline bag only upto 100F, do not put in a microwave. use normal hot water in a bucket or somthin and dip the bag in it for somtime. wipe it dry and use surgical spirit on the nozzle to wipe it b4 inserting the IV drip.
This. Don't use the microwave if you're not 100% sure what is the right temp.Another forum goer ended up in the hospital from infusing saline that was too hot.

The saline bags should be in a protective wrapper, clean the sink, then fill it with hot water. put the saline IN THE WRAPPER in the hot water and let it sit. If the sink has an over flowdrain let the hot water trickle to keep things warm. This is what I do to keep multiple bags warm without risk of overheating.

His other comment about sterilizing the injection site is is more important though, cold saline is uncomfortable, infections can kill you.
cjfatnite

Post by cjfatnite »

I have an IR thermometer that I've used to measure the temp after microwaving. Got it from RadioShack, RIP.
-CJ