Fittings

General discussion area on penis pumping, and penis enlargement.

Moderator: bigray57

imsnowman

Fittings

Post by imsnowman »

Where do folks in the US buy their quick release male and female fittings? I've found that different sources for the male or the female side may be different diameters leading to problems maintaining a seal.
20191031_082909[2].jpg
tennsteven

Re: Fittings

Post by tennsteven »

Know your fitting and go to McMaster Carr and pull up Quick connect tube fittings. Most fittings are 1/8". Order barbed for your pump tube. Harbor Freight has the best pumps. They're metal and sold as Brake Bleeding pumps.
imsnowman

Post by imsnowman »

Thanks. Agree with the HF pump. I've been using them for years!
backboy

Post by backboy »

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE THREAD SIZE FOR
THE USUAL QUICK RELEASE VALVES ?
THANKS
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

The standard fittings for pumping gear are made by the Colder Products Company (CPC). If you look closely at the fitting at the top of your pumping cylinder, it will probably say "CPC" on the metal tab. Amazon and a few other places have them online, but lately I've been getting mine from Fresh Water Systems in South Carolina. They've been cheaper than any other source. Be aware that shipping for any of these items will run you about $8.25 per order with Freshwater, so it's best to get more than one. Even with shipping, they're still cheaper than other places. (Note: the prices may vary slightly when you order them)

THE FEMALE FITTING:
The female fitting at the top of your cylinder is Colder #PMCD1002 ("Coupler, Shutoff, In-Line, ⅛" Flow Coupler x ⅛" NPT Male"). At Freshwater, they're about $6.00 each. See:
https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/pmcd1002-valved-male-thread-coupling-body-1-8-npt

You'll need to add a ring washer to that female connector. These are faucet washers, also called molded rubber “O” rings. The inside diameter is 3/8 inch and the outside diameter is 19/32. The wall size (the thickness) may vary but the ones I have now have a wall size of 7/64 inches. Ones that are thicker may not work because they're too big and won't allow the fitting to screw tightly onto the cylinder. Using thinner ones on a curved surface, like the Monstertube and Monstertube Jr. have, may leak because they leave a gap between the tube and the fitting. They're available for a few cents at your local hardware store. Big home improvement centers typically want you to buy a big expensive bag of assorted sizes that you'll never use. A small hardware store usually will sell you one or two. I try to remember to replace these once a year.

THE MALE FITTING:
The male connector at the end of your tubing is Colder #PMC2204 ("Tube Fitting, Insert, Straight Thru, In-Line, ⅛" Insert x ¼" Barb"). At Freshwater, they're about $1.25 each. See:
https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/pmc2204-in-line-hose-barb-coupling-insert-1-4-id-barb

The "O" rings for the male connectors are also faucet washers. If you need to replace one of them, take it off of the coupling, and wash it in soapy hot water. That will help it get back to its normal size and shape. Next, take it to a small hardware store. They should have the size you need.

THE TUBING:
The tubing is clear vinyl, ¼" inside diameter x ⅜" outside diameter. Home improvement centers and some hardware stores have this either by the roll or by the foot. This is typically about 50-75 cents/foot. A ten foot roll will cost you about $5 at Lowes. I've found that they have the sturdiest tubing.
Last edited by SFBallpumper on Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
jacker53

Post by jacker53 »

SFBallpumper - thanks for the awesome information, its great to have fellow pumpers that make such an effort and share. You should get the POTY award! (Pumper of the year) ;-)
And your post should be made into a 'sticky'..........
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

jacker53 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:19 am SFBallpumper - thanks for the awesome information, its great to have fellow pumpers that make such an effort and share. You should get the POTY award! (Pumper of the year) ;-)
And your post should be made into a 'sticky'..........
Thanks, jacker53! I admit that I'm a tinkerer and I love thinking up new ways to pump up.
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

tennsteven wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:04 am Harbor Freight has the best pumps. They're metal and sold as Brake Bleeding pumps.
Here's the link to the Harbor Freight hand pumps. I agree that they're the best!!!
https://www.harborfreight.com/brake-bleeder-and-vacuum-pump-kit-63391.html

If you get on the Harbor Freight email list, they'll send you 20% off coupons regularly.
dlblack

Post by dlblack »

Its easy to get the quick disconnect fittings male or female off ebay. Just look for Leluv . I get mine rite way. And reasonable price.
Dwight
backboy

Post by backboy »

HI AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR REPLIES...
HOWEVER.....
I WAS ASKING FOR THE 'THREAD SIZE' OF THE FITTINGS SO I CAN DRILL A HOLE,THEN TAP THE THREAD INTO THE TUBE TO ACCOMODATE THE
VALVE....( ALREADY PURCHASED FROM EBAY)
THANKS AGAIN
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

As it says in my description of the part, the standard fitting is ⅛" NPT.
backboy

Post by backboy »

DOH 😨😨😨
I MISSED THAT !
SORRY & THANK YOU......
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

No problem.