Cleaning the Plastic tubing

General discussion area on penis pumping, and penis enlargement.

Moderator: bigray57

bigricky

Cleaning the Plastic tubing

Post by bigricky »

Please tell me how to best clean the inside of the plastic tubing which connects pump to cylinders. I notice a little mould inside and want to be rid of it. Thank you
bigtiny454

Re: Cleaning the Plastic tubing

Post by bigtiny454 »

Lowes sells new tubing for dirt cheap. Usually by the plumbing stuff where the water valves, at the bottom. Take the tubing with you to make sure you get the correct one. Usually a few bucks a foot or something like that.
bigtiny454

Post by bigtiny454 »

Oh and soak it in bleach/water. That'll kill anything in there.
just4me

Post by just4me »

Heyyyyy,
I had the same problem.
Soaking didn't work
I took a stiff piece of wire and used it to pull a really long string through mine.
Then tied small piece of cloth to the middle and pulled it through.
I noticed that it cleaned about a third of it and then just smeared it
so i replaced the cloth several times.
Pulling the same direction each time.
Then washed it with my dishes.
-
I also learned that when im done I hang it over the towel rack and let it dry out.
Mold needs moisture so keep it dry when not being used.
-
I used a long piece of string and tied it in the middle so i didnt have to keep fishing the string down the pipe with the wire
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

Standard clear vinyl tubing for pumping is ¼ inch inside diameter. Make sure that it's ¼ inch INSIDE diameter (ID), not outside diameter. If you look at the tag in the photo below, it says ID ¼".

This week, Lowes where I live had 10 feet rolls of this tubing for $2.88, so I picked up a roll. It wasn't on sale, so I assume that it's their regular price. By the way, I've found that the tubing that Lowes sells is sturdier than the tubing that Home Depot sells.

To get the kinks out of the tubing, I usually lay it out in the sun. While the tubing is still warm, I pull on it to stretch out the curls. The tubing goes back to its original size, but it will be straightened out.
Attachments
IMG_9993.JPG
IMG_9993.JPG (84.6 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
kiwibop

Post by kiwibop »

Maybe some neosporin cream bigricky -seems to be your usual go-to product . . .
bullbags

Post by bullbags »

Over time it does start to promote mold even when properly blown out and dried. I replace my tubes every 4 to 6 months just as precaution along with cleaning my Mytivak hand pump. Home Depot and other plumbing parts stores sell the tubing quite cheaply. If you must try to clean out tubes a water/vinegar solution or bleach works well also :D Cleanliness is close to Godliness along with our equipment 8) Get big be proud :) BB.
wonky

Post by wonky »

For cleaning short lengths, you can use what are called 'drinking straw cleaning brushes' for non-disposable drinking straws. The smallest is only 1/4" in diameter.

https://www.amazon.com/Hiware-Drinking- ... B1BR9HAF5R
bigricky

Post by bigricky »

Thanks everyone, is it safe to pull the tubing out of the standard red and brass pump, and the male connector on the other end? Doesn't seem to disconnect easily.
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

If you have a metal hand pump, just pull on the tubing to remove it. If you have a plastic hand pump or if you want to remove tubing from the white coupling, see this thread here on Newart:

https://forums.newart.com/phpbb/viewtop ... ng#p282763

Read the rest of that thread to see how other guys remove tubing from couplings. Plastic hand pumps can be brittle (I’ve broken two or three), that’s why I don’t recommend pulling the tubing off of one by just pulling.

To me, pumping hardware is like a big Lego set. I love building stuff, then taking it apart to build something else.
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
Rob46

Post by Rob46 »

Does any one know the correct name for the " Clear soft and flexible tubing" that is fitted to the brass bilge,and brake bleeding hand pumps when purchased new,i do prefer this very soft flexible tubing. I would like to re replace my tubing as my pumps are a few years old now and there is slight build up of discoloration inside. I am finding it difficult to purchase this particular type of tubing in Australia, I find the normal clear tubing is to stiff. Thank you for any replies.
Rob :)
bigricky

Post by bigricky »

if and when i locate it here in Toronto, i will get extra and send it to you in the mail…….my pleasure.
Rob46

Post by Rob46 »

[quote=bigricky post_id=319039 time=1550014146 user_id=91580]
if and when i locate it here in Toronto, i will get extra and send it to you in the mail…….my pleasure.
[/quote]

Hi Ricky, Thank you, for the offer,that is appreciated, if you can tell me the name of that tubing i can do a Google search for it here in Australia,i do have three hand pumps and i would like to replace it on all three,so i would require 2 metres ( 6 feet )

Thank you Rob :)
ahab

Post by ahab »

walmart sell gun cleaning kits that solve the problem. I use one of the attachments that has a slit in it and I put an alcohol prep pads in it and clean the tube.
bigricky

Post by bigricky »

the last thing I will be buying is a gun cleaning kit, but thanks anyway.