Long term wearing and lubrication.

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

djcrash1981

Long term wearing and lubrication.

Post by djcrash1981 »

I would like to wear my plugs for more than a couple of minutes, but I have found it very difficult to do it because after some time the lubrication disappears and I start to feel discomfort and some pain. And to remove the plug I have to pull it really hard since it becomes stuck.
I would like to hear some advice if you have.

Regards.
lellelind

Re: Long term wearing and lubrication.

Post by lellelind »

Try using oil based lube or silicon based lube. Oil and silicone wont dry like water based lube always do.
120vdx

Post by 120vdx »

As lelleling stated... get some silicon based lubricants. I would recommend get a bottle of Wet Platinum Luxury Silicone Lubricant, in my experience it is the very best, because lub stays even after peeing. Try it out, I am sure you will not regret of your purchase. =) Good luck.
Cheers.
manuel.
mac67

Post by mac67 »

Is there a sterile silicone lube? I do deep prostate sounding. Surgilube dries out.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

I have just recently started using sounds, and I have found that Sterilube and K-Y dry out rapidly and don't seem to have all that much lubricating ability, Astro-glide silicone seems to be even less effective than K-Y, and Vaseline/petroleum jelly is slipperier than any of them and doesn't dry out.

I haven't tried any of the oil-based lubes yet; none seem to be in stock locally, and online are all either out of stock or have a fancy-enough price tag that they seem to be lifestyle statements instead of lubricants. (well, petroleum jelly technically *is* an oil base lube, though the lube people don't seem to want to acknowledge that)

I had high hopes for the Astro-glide; so many people have recommended it I've wondered if I got a bottle from a bad batch.

The longest I've left a (flexible silicone) sound in has been 12 hours, occasionally pulling it out to urinate, then reinserting. I found it uncomfortable while walking, climbing stairs, and otherwise "going about my daily affairs." I'm waiting on some appropriately-sized plugs to come in, which I expect should fix that problem.
Velcroman

Post by Velcroman »

Metal plugs seem to Be much better than plastic/silicone plugs. I have found that the lube seems to disappear from around the plug (???). It does not seem to happen as much with metal plugs.

I use vaseline to coat the sound then over coat the sound with a “personal lube” to slide it in, if necessary. The lube, being water based is absorbed, I think, but the vaseline remains. I wear my plugs for 10 to 12 hours but I won’t wear them to sleep.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

Any particular reason you won't sleep with a plug?