Affordable penis plugs and sounds

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

Dude19

Affordable penis plugs and sounds

Post by Dude19 »

Now I now that there are companies out there that make penis plugs and sounds that are not that expensive but I have found that most of the still charge a premium for unique or complex designs, but I will say this I wish that it was easier for someone on more of a budget to be able to still have access to safe penis plugs and sounds. I know that you can easily get a set of hegar sounds for $20-30 US from sites like Amazon or eBay that are a lot safer than finding stuff around the house. I know that if someone was really on a budget the first things that would probably be cut would be this type of stuff but let's say that you don't want to spend more than $20 US on a safe plug. I have found on eBay that on occasion you can find a handful of plugs and sounds for next to nothing but they usually don't have very detailed information about them and some sites will list manufactured defective ones that aren't up to their standards. In some cases there are some that are sold for less due to customers who canceled their orders after production started. What is most annoying about these companies is that they like to advertise on their site that they have affordable prices on their products but when you try to find them they are still at a premium price. Now I know that these companies probably don't have large production runs of each product but to charge near $100 for a product that the material cost is more like $1-10 is mind boggling to me I know that it costs money to run a business that sells products of this type online and manufacturing them isn't cheap either but there has to be a way to drive down the cost for the consumer.
Maybe running a business that instead of just selling the product to the consumer in turn buying product back for recycling when the consumer no longer can use it (i.e. Stretched passed that size or is looking for a change of pace). I know there are probably many legal issues with buying product back from the consumer due to the nature of what these products are used for. Now I don't mean that the company will then resell the product to another consumer but instead take that material and either melt it down to produce new product or re-machine it for a smaller size. Now I am not sure if it is even legal to begin with but I am just really getting my thoughts out on the subject matter. Now I know most of you who have done sounding and penis plugs and have stretch out your urethra probably have a few plugs and sounds that no longer are usable for you that either sit aside or have been thrown out. I know I have a couple that I have that either I bought and used them a couple of times that are too small to stay in place or are more designed to be used by a beginner that doesn't have a meatotomy.
On a side note, what do you guys do with old plugs and sounds that you nylon get use? Do you throw them away? Or set them aside? Or do you resell them on sites like eBay? If you resell them do you lst that they are used?
P.s. This is just questions about what people honestly do with them so please be nice and don't criticize anyone who says something that you don't approve of.
Be careful when trying new things. :D
Velcroman

Re: Affordable penis plugs and sounds

Post by Velcroman »

Try DHgate.com
HoleStuffer

Post by HoleStuffer »

From what I've seen of these sites they are cottage industries - one man operations.

They seem to be machinists.

Machinists need expensive tools and the steel itself is getting expensive. The many machining and polishing steps required make for a lot of labor. There's also a lack of competition as the market is small. So it's expensive. And you're right, you do outgrow (outstretch!) these things after a while.

It's hard finding things that would be ideal as everyone's different. I regret buying the stuff I did on siliconenozzles.com, they're too long but not wide enough and I picked a silicone that was too soft.

Personally it would be great to get something customized that's 3D printed. Ideal for me would be something with progressively larger balls, starting at 16 mm and perhaps going up in 0.5 mm increments. That feeling when a larger and larger one would pop in would be great.
mrbigcox

Post by mrbigcox »

Well, I’m penisplugsablaze.com and have introduced this type of play over thirty years ago. The net is flooded now with so many cheap knock offs from China and Pakistan it’s sad. China plates zink with 304SS and Pakistan use 408SS. Neither of Surgical quality but I’m still wondering why they just don’t use 316L? I don’t understand because you would think the process of plating itself would be more expensive than actually using the 316L itself. But then again I know that China cast in a mold because you can see the seam down both sides of the plug itself. I guess if they were machining them it would be more expensive. Maybe just cheaper because mass produced? Any input?
Velcroman

Post by Velcroman »

mrbigcox wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:22 am Well, I’m penisplugsablaze.com and have introduced this type of play over thirty years ago. The net is flooded now with so many cheap knock offs from China and Pakistan it’s sad. China plates zink with 304SS and Pakistan use 408SS. Neither of Surgical quality but I’m still wondering why they just don’t use 316L? I don’t understand because you would think the process of plating itself would be more expensive than actually using the 316L itself. But then again I know that China cast in a mold because you can see the seam down both sides of the plug itself. I guess if they were machining them it would be more expensive. Maybe just cheaper because mass produced? Any input?
It doesn't matter from where you buy penis plus and from which country. I buy mine through DHgate and all are Stainless steel and much is written by the sellers warning buyers that some sellers sell copper/brass plugs that are just nickel plated. I have NEVER received one of these crook plugs ever. They are shiny and very, very smooth and none have been cast. Need I say more
mrbigcox

Post by mrbigcox »

Velcroman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 pm
mrbigcox wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:22 am Well, I’m penisplugsablaze.com and have introduced this type of play over thirty years ago. The net is flooded now with so many cheap knock offs from China and Pakistan it’s sad. China plates zink with 304SS and Pakistan use 408SS. Neither of Surgical quality but I’m still wondering why they just don’t use 316L? I don’t understand because you would think the process of plating itself would be more expensive than actually using the 316L itself. But then again I know that China cast in a mold because you can see the seam down both sides of the plug itself. I guess if they were machining them it would be more expensive. Maybe just cheaper because mass produced? Any input?
It doesn't matter from where you buy penis plus and from which country. I buy mine through DHgate and all are Stainless steel and much is written by the sellers warning buyers that some sellers sell copper/brass plugs that are just nickel plated. I have NEVER received one of these crook plugs ever. They are shiny and very, very smooth and none have been cast. Need I say more
Yes please, the more info the better. Like I said, I also play.🙂And I’m always looking for something new to play with.
8thmanbound

Post by 8thmanbound »

You might want to have a look at https://www.thechaingang.com/ for plugs and sounds. They have a nice assortment and reasonable prices on products and shipping.

Also if you sign up you can get a one-time discount on your first purchase. They also have weekly specials.

I’ve ordered a number of items with no issues. Only once was an item defective — it had a burr on it — and it was replaced with no questions.
TetherSpout

Post by TetherSpout »

mrbigcox, aka Keith of penisplugsablaze.com, knows less about metallurgy than the average person does about rocket science, which should worry anyone thinking about buying anything from him. It is nonsense to suggest that Chinese or Pakistani products are composed of base metals like brass or zinc which are only plated with stainless steel, or that 316L is the only grade of steel that is safe to put in the body. As anyone in the plating business can tell you, plating with stainless steel is an impossibility. Stainless steel is an alloy, whereas only pure metals like gold, silver, chromium, copper, nickel, etc., which can be dissolved in a chemical solution without loosing their atomic or molecular structure, can be electroplated. It's not even possible to hot-dip something in a bath of molten stainless steel because the item itself would instantly melt. And there are countless surgical appliances that are made of grades of SS other than 316L. Beware of anyone who doesn't even know such fundamental basics.
mrbigcox

Post by mrbigcox »

TetherSpout wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:09 am mrbigcox, aka Keith of penisplugsablaze.com, knows less about metallurgy than the average person does about rocket science, which should worry anyone thinking about buying anything from him. It is nonsense to suggest that Chinese or Pakistani products are composed of base metals like brass or zinc which are only plated with stainless steel, or that 316L is the only grade of steel that is safe to put in the body. As anyone in the plating business can tell you, plating with stainless steel is an impossibility. Stainless steel is an alloy, whereas only pure metals like gold, silver, chromium, copper, nickel, etc., which can be dissolved in a chemical solution without loosing their atomic or molecular structure, can be electroplated. It's not even possible to hot-dip something in a bath of molten stainless steel because the item itself would instantly melt. And there are countless surgical appliances that are made of grades of SS other than 316L. Beware of anyone who doesn't even know such fundamental basics.
LOL Yes, please listen to Neverspout for he is brilliant. Same reaction as always. LOL I wonder if he ever responds
to the issues and complaints about his products. Did ya make your million dollars yet? Is the medical industry knocking down your door yet. And even better..... Does every man on the planet have a Neverdpout? Remember your dream when you came to me? I do, LOL. Take care
Velcroman

Post by Velcroman »

mrbigcox wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:44 am
TetherSpout wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:09 am mrbigcox, aka Keith of penisplugsablaze.com, knows less about metallurgy than the average person does about rocket science, which should worry anyone thinking about buying anything from him. It is nonsense to suggest that Chinese or Pakistani products are composed of base metals like brass or zinc which are only plated with stainless steel, or that 316L is the only grade of steel that is safe to put in the body. As anyone in the plating business can tell you, plating with stainless steel is an impossibility. Stainless steel is an alloy, whereas only pure metals like gold, silver, chromium, copper, nickel, etc., which can be dissolved in a chemical solution without loosing their atomic or molecular structure, can be electroplated. It's not even possible to hot-dip something in a bath of molten stainless steel because the item itself would instantly melt. And there are countless surgical appliances that are made of grades of SS other than 316L. Beware of anyone who doesn't even know such fundamental basics.
LOL Yes, please listen to Neverspout for he is brilliant. Same reaction as always. LOL I wonder if he ever responds
to the issues and complaints about his products. Did ya make your million dollars yet? Is the medical industry knocking down your door yet. And even better..... Does every man on the planet have a Neverdpout? Remember your dream when you came to me? I do, LOL. Take care
The Tetherspout reps do respond if only to abuse and attempt to humiliate a customer having problems. I think the product/device is great but the Tetherspout support, in my opinion …….. "utter shit!" :twisted:
mrbigcox

Post by mrbigcox »

Velcroman wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm
The Tetherspout reps do respond if only to abuse and attempt to humiliate a customer having problems. I think the product/device is great but the Tetherspout support, in my opinion …….. "utter shit!" :twisted:
Look, he is a one man show with numerous faces. He is his product and definitely needs work on many areas. 15% in design change should not only work out the bugs but will cover any legal issue on all ends. He once asked me if I would introduce him to my manufacturer in Germany which was a pretty bold thing to ask. But maybe it’s time to just introduce the product to the Germans. Them their Germans are some pretty incredible engineers. Brilliant!!! Problem solved.
Velcroman

Post by Velcroman »

mrbigcox wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:53 pm
Velcroman wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Look, he is a one man show with numerous faces. He is his product and definitely needs work on many areas. 15% in design change should not only work out the bugs but will cover any legal issue on all ends. He once asked me if I would introduce him to my manufacturer in Germany which was a pretty bold thing to ask. But maybe it’s time to just introduce the product to the Germans. Them their Germans are some pretty incredible engineers. Brilliant!!! Problem solved.
If you have ideas on how to improve the product, why not publish those ideas here, mrbigcox? I think I have, in a previous thread, asked you to detail the changes you thought the device needed. Those ideas could be of use to those of us that can make them. After all, the spout is not all that hard to manufacture and there are ways to work around the alleged copyright that Tetherspout claims to have. All one really needs is a 3D printer or access to one to make the spout A trip down to the local hardware store for the 'O' ring. Still, if one has access to quality stainless steel and can use a lathe, I think that is best.

It is not a breach of copyright if you manufacture a device for your personal use. It is also not a breach of copyright in asking a machinist to create a the device for your personal use. There is no breach to pay the tradesman for their work in creating the tetherspout for you. You are just paying the machinist for services render. However, it would be a breach of copyright if that person then offered the tetherspout for sale. Royalty arrangements with Tetherspout, not withstanding.

Just for the sake of completeness, spouts range in length from 18 mm to 24mm, possible longer one also, maybe. The diameter of the barrel is 6mm. The flange at the base is 8.5 mm. The centre bore hole is 'claimed to be 4mm but the end opposite to the flange is rolled, that means the centre bore is effectively 3mm. The cross hole is 3.5mm. The cross hole is used to hook/connect various devices to the spout. Weighs, balls, feathers whatever. There is also a spout that is threaded at the end.

The spout is held in place by an 'O' ring. The internal diameter of the 'O' ring must be 6mm not less. The outer diameter is a size large enough that the 'O' ring catches behind the Fossa Navicular(?). The spout will not fall out and that could be any external diameter from say, 10mm and up. A jeweller’s ring gauge is probably the best way to determine what the correct outer diameter of the 'O' ring can be. This is not all the detail but it is enough to get one moving. Read the Tetherspout Chronicles to get all the detail and some ideas on how to use it.
If there are enough blokes using a tetherspout of 'tetherspout like' device, we can pass on the help/support that is denied to customers that have purchased an actual tetherspout.
mrbigcox

Post by mrbigcox »

Velcroman wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:14 pm
mrbigcox wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:53 pm
Velcroman wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm The Tetherspout reps do respond if only to abuse and attempt to humiliate a customer having problems. I think the product/device is great but the Tetherspout support, in my opinion …….. "utter shit!" :twisted:
If you have ideas on how to improve the product, why not publish those ideas here, mrbigcox? I think I have, in a previous thread, asked you to detail the changes you thought the device needed. Those ideas could be of use to those of us that can make them. After all, the spout is not all that hard to manufacture and there are ways to work around the alleged copyright that Tetherspout claims to have. All one really needs is a 3D printer or access to one to make the spout A trip down to the local hardware store for the 'O' ring. Still, if one has access to quality stainless steel and can use a lathe, I think that is best.

It is not a breach of copyright if you manufacture a device for your personal use. It is also not a breach of copyright in asking a machinist to create a the device for your personal use. There is no breach to pay the tradesman for their work in creating the tetherspout for you. You are just paying the machinist for services render. However, it would be a breach of copyright if that person then offered the tetherspout for sale. Royalty arrangements with Tetherspout, not withstanding.

Just for the sake of completeness, spouts range in length from 18 mm to 24mm, possible longer one also, maybe. The diameter of the barrel is 6mm. The flange at the base is 8.5 mm. The centre bore hole is 'claimed to be 4mm but the end opposite to the flange is rolled, that means the centre bore is effectively 3mm. The cross hole is 3.5mm. The cross hole is used to hook/connect various devices to the spout. Weighs, balls, feathers whatever. There is also a spout that is threaded at the end.

The spout is held in place by an 'O' ring. The internal diameter of the 'O' ring must be 6mm not less. The outer diameter is a size large enough that the 'O' ring catches behind the Fossa Navicular(?). The spout will not fall out and that could be any external diameter from say, 10mm and up. A jeweller’s ring gauge is probably the best way to determine what the correct outer diameter of the 'O' ring can be. This is not all the detail but it is enough to get one moving. Read the Tetherspout Chronicles to get all the detail and some ideas on how to use it.
If there are enough blokes using a tetherspout of 'tetherspout like' device, we can pass on the help/support that is denied to customers that have purchased an actual tetherspout.
Honestly I do believe you covered all issues and said improvements that I could possibly ever think of and them some. You being an owner of the Tether gives you the upper hand on do and don’t for sure. 3D printer is a killer idea for sure. Maybe due to the weight of a 3D printed piece you could name it FeatherSpout? And also thank you for going into depth on the legal point that I was implying in my last post. I was trying to imply with less and after reading what I wrote was not sure if folks would understand what I was saying. And last but not least I never addressed any improvements in past posts because I DID NOT want to give Mr Tether any ideas to help him as he has asked me for in the past. Plus without holding the actual piece in my hand or wearing one would any of my improvements be applicable ? After reading what you wrote above you seem to have passed me so I will Follow YOU. Any 3D printer folks out there that would like to jump in it would be appreciated. I’m sure there are a few of us out there that would love a QUALITY go at it. PS.., I want mine with a threaded cap so I can start building attachments.....
Dude19

Post by Dude19 »

I would like to jump in on the 3D printing idea and say yes it would be possible to 3D print o plug or sound, but how 3D printers print parts they tend to be very rough in some cases and most 3D printed parts tend to be only strong in one direction and yes an expeirenced person can take that into consideration when developing the print and use it to an advantage. Another setback to 3D printing is it takes a lot of time to print. Most 3D printers use a type of plastic to print parts therefore they may degrade easily and being plastic they may absorb a smell and harbor bacteria since you can't usually boil plastic without damaging it. There are some benefits to 3D printing plugs and sounds they can be easily customized for your particular desires. I know if I had one I would be trying out what would work and since I have training in the software used to create very detailed 3D parts.
Be careful when trying new things. :D
Velcroman

Post by Velcroman »

I was rummaging around in some boxes of bits and pieces when I came across a selection of long aluminium rivets. I was shocked to realise that one of the rivets could be made into a tetherspout. The flange was just too wide (not a problem) and too thick (not a problem). Naturally, it had no through hole but too, was not a problem. So, I think that the basis of a billet for a tetherspout could be found at the local hardware store or a local 'nuts and bolts' store.

Regarding 3D printing, yes, parts produced can be rough. That can be fixed with sand paper. There are different qualities of plastic that can be used to manufacture 3D parts but I don't know if the cheaper 3D printers (domestic level) can handle harder plastics or nylon (not hot enough??) though I can't imagine why. There are quite a number of videos on inserting and removing a tetherspout. As a start, look at this video of Dani119, he has published a number of videos about tetherspouts. In one video he wrote that using a 3D printer, he made one from nylon to assist removal of the tetherspout.

https://www.xtube.com/video-watch/insta ... t-32885002

Food for thought, yes?