Login not holding

Discussion for technical issues only you may be experiencing with the board.

Moderator: bigray57

Velcroman

Login not holding

Post by Velcroman »

Each time I login, I move to the index page pick a group then a thread, read the thread and return to the group page where I find I have been logged out! I always choose the option to remember me.
This morning I have re-logged in at least 15 tines! What’s the matter with the login process?
kiwibop

Re: Login not holding

Post by kiwibop »

What browser are you using Velcro? I use Chrome with no issues and have used Firefox in the past
playajjj

Re: Login not holding

Post by playajjj »

+++1 to previous posts
I have the problem regardless of browser (Chrome on desktop, Chrome on Android). I'm guessing that the php server configuration times out sessions expires the session cookie after 30 minutes of apparent inactivity. That might happen if you open a forum topic in a new tab, read through the forum and close the tab, then go back to the original tab; or, spend time looking for that pic you wanted to attach. I doubt if this is specific to an ISP. It could be a bruteforce approach to prevent spamming. Would really be nice to have a timeout that is not the default, but if there is no other way to prevent spam, or hacking, i can live with it.
Pumping for 25++ years, still growing; hanging foreskin restored via pumping; pump nipples, D&B daily or weekly depending on mood w/commercial & home-made tubes with electric pump

NSFW: @playajj on X
playaj on pumppig.com/profile/1039675969