First Time Coming up Mid-April...

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

How much should I really aim for the first time?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:56 am

250ml
16%
500ml
24%
1000ml
25%
Buy two 1000ml bags with a double feed!
35%

Total votes: 51

cldtmr

First Time Coming up Mid-April...

Post by cldtmr »

So I am going to be doing my first time saline session in mid-April.

I am a pretty tall guy at 6'7" and I am looking at supplies and forums on how to do this safely and sterile. I think I want to start out with a 1000ml, bag and see how far I can go. I have been reading where people are successful with 500ml, but price wise and what not, I am leaning more to the 1000ml bag and can stop at 500ml if I feel the need to stop. I am aiming to do the whole bag though. How successful are people doing a 1000ml on their first time out? If I do half... How long should I wait with the IV turned-off before I continue when I am 1/2 way through?

Any tips people want to share for a first timer doing this themselves?
Markus1999

Re: First Time Coming up Mid-April...

Post by Markus1999 »

Depends on your body. Here are people who are full at 500ml and for example i did 2L the first time without having done any stretching or pumping ever before. And it went perfect.
ol0run

Post by ol0run »

cldtmr wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:56 am So I am going to be doing my first time saline session in mid-April.

I am a pretty tall guy at 6'7" and I am looking at supplies and forums on how to do this safely and sterile. I think I want to start out with a 1000ml, bag and see how far I can go. I have been reading where people are successful with 500ml, but price wise and what not, I am leaning more to the 1000ml bag and can stop at 500ml if I feel the need to stop. I am aiming to do the whole bag though. How successful are people doing a 1000ml on their first time out? If I do half... How long should I wait with the IV turned-off before I continue when I am 1/2 way through?

Any tips people want to share for a first timer doing this themselves?
The first time I did this, I was skeptical about choosing between just getting 500ml or 1000ml. I ended up buying the 1000ml and thought I would stop if I got full. To my surprise, I actually finished the whole 1000ml for the first time ever.
cldtmr

Post by cldtmr »

Markus1999 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm Depends on your body. Here are people who are full at 500ml and for example i did 2L the first time without having done any stretching or pumping ever before. And it went perfect.
Looks like the way the poll is going 2L may be the way I am going. :shock: :lol:
Eldorio

Post by Eldorio »

I think 500 mL is fine for a first timer.

I was nervous the first time, so I didn't know what "right" felt like. If you're doing saline, just be mentally prepared for the sting that comes with it. I dealt with it, but it wasn't pleasant.

Eventually I took the leap with D5W (5% Dextrose in Water), and I've never looked back. It's pretty painless, and fills the sack quite nicely.

Pushed to 800 mL, and soon after 1 L. It wasn't that my body couldn't handle it. It was more a mental game for me.

Same with D5NS. Did about 750 mL my first time since I didn't know what to expect with the swell. Now I can do 1 L without any concern, and I'm soon going to try 1.25 or 1.5 L.
rokie221

Post by rokie221 »

Definitely get at least one 1000ml bag. My first time I got about 900ml in and that was after pumping a bit at first. I'm way shorter than you(5'8") and had a fairly average sack back then. If you've got some low hangers then you can definitely do it lol
cldtmr

Post by cldtmr »

rokie221 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:23 am Definitely get at least one 1000ml bag. My first time I got about 900ml in and that was after pumping a bit at first. I'm way shorter than you(5'8") and had a fairly average sack back then. If you've got some low hangers then you can definitely do it lol
With the way the poll is going and the way the finances are going, I am going to get 2 bags of 1L saline and everything for a 2nd line. I may do another poll coming up before I am able to do it if I should do a double feed, or space it out 24 hours.. Again this is my first time doing this, and I have been researching this for over 10 years, but never had a chance to do it. I feel I got the knowledge on how to do this safely and understand the risks.

I was also contemplating doing a zoom or something similar, especially if there is interest.
5Lsal

Post by 5Lsal »

Obviously this depends on how big your sack is right now and whether you've done any pumping or not, the poll isn't much use.

If you over do it you'll get migration at best, blisters and split skin at worst especially if it's your first time.

Take your time, don't tie off too tight (or at all) stop when you're starting to feel full, not when your skin is getting shiny..

Let it sit for a bit and see the swelling then top up later if you have room.

Have fun and be safe!
cldtmr

Post by cldtmr »

Ordered my supplies on Friday... I ordered 2L, however not sure if I am going to do a double fill or not (LOL). I have 2 weekends to do this.. I was thinking depending on how the first Liter goes I may just put the 2nd one in right after, the next day, or next weekend. Just going to see how it goes.
rokie221

Post by rokie221 »

Awesome! Well, you could do one for each weekend... But if you find that one liter wasn't too much, but you're also not sure a 2nd will fit, I would probably do the 1st liter in the evening, and the 2nd liter early the next morning. You'll have absorbed some of it, and the skin on your sack should have loosened up a bit by then. Granted every body works differently, but just an idea for you! Good luck! I hope you post your results!
cldtmr

Post by cldtmr »

rokie221 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:31 pm I would probably do the 1st liter in the evening, and the 2nd liter early the next morning. You'll have absorbed some of it, and the skin on your sack should have loosened up a bit by then.
I was thinking the same thing. If things work out, should ship out Monday and be delivered on Friday. Fill up as soon as I get home from work… then top off the next morning.
cldtmr

Post by cldtmr »

Just ordered my supplemental supplies from amazon last night. Still on schedule for a Friday night fill. Can’t wait!
pipefitterdom

Post by pipefitterdom »

Your enthusiasm is admirable but you will enjoy the experience more if you stop filling before you get a hard melon.
If you have a normal sized bag adding 250-500 ml and tying off gently will retain the fluid long enough to give your bag a good stretch.
When we infuse our bags, they go into a state of shock and they contract, forcing the fluids out into the body. Warming your core and your bag will get you through this period and give you a good stretch! And you will enjoy it more if it doesn’t migrate and give you cramps, over-stretched rips in the skin that drip fluids and an infusion site that is impossible to stop leaking for hours.
cldtmr

Post by cldtmr »

pipefitterdom wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 am Your enthusiasm is admirable but you will enjoy the experience more if you stop filling before you get a hard melon.
If you have a normal sized bag adding 250-500 ml and tying off gently will retain the fluid long enough to give your bag a good stretch.
When we infuse our bags, they go into a state of shock and they contract, forcing the fluids out into the body. Warming your core and your bag will get you through this period and give you a good stretch! And you will enjoy it more if it doesn’t migrate and give you cramps, over-stretched rips in the skin that drip fluids and an infusion site that is impossible to stop leaking for hours.
I thank you for your caution. As it turns out my supplies are arriving Friday. And I was going to start Friday Night, I realized that I have public obligations first thing in the morning Saturday. So as soon as I get home I should have everything setup for me to start and hermit for a while. :lol:

So I did order 2L but I am not going to do a double fill. Not for my first time, and again, waiting a long time to be truly alone to do this without somebody walking in on me. I have a whole additional weekend to try again with another Liter, if I feel like I can't hold more. The goal is the whole liter on the first try as I don't want to waste, but I am going to go slow and stop to take breaks at about every 250 ML. This will give me time to stop and assess and listen to my body, and stop completely if needed.
pipefitterdom

Post by pipefitterdom »

Waiting for the seeping to stop from over infusing can waste a great deal of FUN time. I only stress it because it is difficult to stop filling when it’s going in well and the growth is exponential. As men we tend to love too much of a good thing.

This is probably not going to be your last infusion so try to get a sense of your limits and acquaint yourself with the procedures safely. There will be more opportunities to push the envelope once you have established your limits.