Question about D5

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

formeonly99

Question about D5

Post by formeonly99 »

I have been infusing for almost a year now. I have only used dextrose 5% because I was worried about saline sting and I like the swelling. I usually do 500-1000ml just depending on how I feel and how it progresses. The first time I pushed to 1000ml I did get blisters and sweating but not any more.

I have noticed that for the first 3 days or so my skin is firm and feels like it is 1/2 in thick. Even when my sack is 75% deflated and loose/saggy. Like if I tried punching my sack between two fingers there would be a 1/2-1 inch gap between my fingers. Normally when not infuse it's like 1/8 in when pinched. Obviously after 4-5 days is goes back to normal.

So my question, is the skin hardening/thickening a result of the inflammation cause by the dextrose or does this happen with saline as well?
pipefitterdom

Re: Question about D5

Post by pipefitterdom »

It’s a byproduct of reaching huge sizes repeatedly for years.
The method is irrelevant be it pumping or infusing.
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

I got blisters a few times from pumping, and (much smaller) blisters a few times when infusing. Now I use a vibrating massager after infusing - it helps keep the skin from being inflamed, plus it feels utterly fucking bonkers levels of good.
abstract22

Post by abstract22 »

Yes it's normal, it happens with saline as well. The skin absorbs the liquid and holds it, causing it to swell and thicken temporarily. It's the last thing to go away. Once your sack is empty, the skin will be thick for another day or so.