Superglue Warning

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

bigbiggerbiggest

Superglue Warning

Post by bigbiggerbiggest »

Apparently when superglue comes into contact with cotton it can create an exothermic reaction that can burn you. I never knew this until I tried to catch a drip with a q-tip and saw smoke on my cock. Thankfully nothing happened to me but I wanted to pass the info along
Last edited by bigbiggerbiggest on Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
gijoejw

Re: Superglue Warning

Post by gijoejw »

For the sake of just seeing something destructive…. Im totally going to see if that is the case. I had no idea!
Shadowcs

Post by Shadowcs »

Use super glue gel. It doesn't have an exothermic reaction. Only the more liquid glue does
bigbiggerbiggest

Shadowcs wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:51 am Use super glue gel. It doesn't have an exothermic reaction. Only the more liquid glue does
Thanks shadow. That’s what I had was the liquid. I’ll look at the gel. It’s might have something to do with the lack of a polymerization inhibitor. Adding “if using superglue wax paper is required” to my mental checklist :D
bigbiggerbiggest

gijoejw wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:07 am For the sake of just seeing something destructive…. Im totally going to see if that is the case. I had no idea!
Me either!! Caught me by surprise
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

Shadowcs wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:51 am Use super glue gel. It doesn't have an exothermic reaction. Only the more liquid glue does
I use superglue gel and I've never had any issues with it.
bigbiggerbiggest

mRuss wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:06 am
I use superglue gel and I've never had any issues with it.
I think next time I fill I'll use the gel or with wax paper instead
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

bigbiggerbiggest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:23 am I think next time I fill I'll use the gel or with wax paper instead
yeah i've done superglue with a clear piece of plastic from a windowed envelope, but the plastic was too fragile. Wax paper would work much better.
bigbiggerbiggest

mRuss wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:55 am
bigbiggerbiggest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:23 am I think next time I fill I'll use the gel or with wax paper instead
yeah i've done superglue with a clear piece of plastic from a windowed envelope, but the plastic was too fragile. Wax paper would work much better.
Wax paper and the gel works perfectly