Experienced saline infuser want to start D5NS

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

pumpconnected

Experienced saline infuser want to start D5NS

Post by pumpconnected »

Hi guys, I’ve been infusing with saline for some years now and thinking about trying the saline with 5% dex.

I’m a little concerned about the swelling effect and the withdrawal of body fluids for that. I normally infuse one or 1.5 liters. I read that half a litre of the saline with 5% dex will swell to the effect of one litre. And that it stays longer.

It means that 0.5 litre of body fluids are absorbed. How do I prevent dehydration as an effect of that. Does anyone have some experiences to share?
pipefitterdom

Re: Experienced saline infuser want to start D5NS

Post by pipefitterdom »

Hydrate 24 hours prior.
Drink small amounts more frequently and regularly as opposed to slamming a whole quart at a time.
Don’t go buck wild the first time.
I have found that infusing less prevents the generation of too much internal pressure unless you remove the ball strap. If the IV fluids are not ESCAPING your bag you will do better with cramps and dehydration should not be a problem.
pumpconnected

Post by pumpconnected »

Thank you. So keeping the strap on all the time is best?
pipefitterdom

Post by pipefitterdom »

pumpconnected wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:01 am Thank you. So keeping the strap on all the time is best?
As a rule of thumb, yes.
Just let the pain be your guide. If it feels uncomfortable stand up and take it off for a few minutes and massage it where it’s sore. I stay tied off while sitting and sleeping but any time your bag is hanging on it’s own weight it’s okay to take off your strap.

However.
If you initially infuse too much, you will need to remove the strap to relieve the inner pressure and the fluids will flow out of your bag where you don’t want it to go.
Eldorio

Post by Eldorio »

Just did my first D5NS session about two weeks ago. I had the same concern with swell, so I only did 0.8L.

I did stay hydrated throughout the day before and morning of. I also drank Gatorade before and after the session. Because the swell was so gradual for about six hours after infusion, I found the swell delightful.

Do I think that the 0.8L swelled to the equivalent 1.6L Saline? No. I probably ended somewhere in between - say 1.25 L.

I'm not sure if I placed the needle through a vein, but I did have a nasty bruise that spread from the top to the bottom of my sack. But it healed fully in about a week. Not sure if it was due to the D5NS, but it could also be from pumping in the Monster Tube a few hours after.

Good Times.
bigbiggerbiggest

Post by bigbiggerbiggest »

Eldorio wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:51 am Just did my first D5NS session about two weeks ago. I had the same concern with swell, so I only did 0.8L.

I did stay hydrated throughout the day before and morning of. I also drank Gatorade before and after the session. Because the swell was so gradual for about six hours after infusion, I found the swell delightful.

Do I think that the 0.8L swelled to the equivalent 1.6L Saline? No. I probably ended somewhere in between - say 1.25 L.

I'm not sure if I placed the needle through a vein, but I did have a nasty bruise that spread from the top to the bottom of my sack. But it healed fully in about a week. Not sure if it was due to the D5NS, but it could also be from pumping in the Monster Tube a few hours after.

Good Times.
I had the same bruising first time I did it too. I think it was simply from stretching beyond my limits
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

Eldorio wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:51 am I'm not sure if I placed the needle through a vein, but I did have a nasty bruise that spread from the top to the bottom of my sack. But it healed fully in about a week. Not sure if it was due to the D5NS, but it could also be from pumping in the Monster Tube a few hours after.
I nicked a vein during my last infusion and there was a fair amount of bruising. Now it's 6 days later and the bruising is almost cleared up.

I've pumped after infusing D5NS and I've been just fine, except the infusion wound re-opened slightly and I got a fair amount of leaking from it. Now I use superglue gel to hold the infusion wound closed. That works just fine.