CO2 newbie questions

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

TedCos

CO2 newbie questions

Post by TedCos »

Hi all,

Been pumping and saline many years, going to try out CO2 . Ordered a few bits on Amazon for a set up that looks very good. Wanted to ask a few questions, hopefully some of the experts will reply 👍. I’m pretty confident with the needle etc as done saline.

I’m going to tie off to stop migration etc, how long after inflation do you untie?

How long does CO2 last before going back to normal size ?

do you seal the puncture with plaster etc as saline when removing needle?

Has anyone pumped before doing inflation . If so I’m guessing the extra stretch on shaft and sack will be good for a better inflation?

Look forward to some information 👍
BorisTheOdd

Re: CO2 newbie questions

Post by BorisTheOdd »

I would recommend N20 over CO2 as CO2 has a really long absorption time, which sounds good initially for size retention but gasses migrate quicker than fluids, so you don't really get size retention you instead get weird rice krispies skin in the areas surrounding the inflation site that can last days.
You gotta be extra mindful about not hitting a vein, the risk of an embolism is a lot greater when you are intentionally infusing gasses. If you hit a vein at all it would be very wise to let it fully heal, if you jump right back into it at a different injection site the gasses can migrate and can potentially go into the opened vein if the pressure is great enough
Really just need a whip cream dispenser and some means of attaching catheter tubing to the outlet, even co2 carts can be used in those dispensers (don't use it for whipping cream though that likely creates carbonic acid and curdles the cream). Gas infusions are less sterile than saline infusions even in the best of cases, so being prepped for that outcome is a good idea. I keep amoxicillin on hand when doing anything infusion related, never needed to use it even when I did get a mild infection so, more for peace of mind at any rate.
Gas inflations don't last that long and lack the weight of a fluid infusion, and playing around while inflated accelerates migration so... I find them inherently less exciting. Though I've always wanted to di both saline and n20 to get a sloshing effect.
TedCos

Post by TedCos »

Thanks for the information 👍 to tell the truth you’ve put me off it now lol.
Tx_IntactGuy

Post by Tx_IntactGuy »

Well, you can't go wrong by NOT doing it. Not a bad thing.

Boris covered it pretty well. It's risky business, that's for sure. I've tried it a few time now; I do feel fairly confident when placing the needle ( which is the scary part ), but I'm still always uneasy when I first start inflating.

With that being said, I'm glad I've had the chance to try this out.
1st N2O Inflation 2/1/2023 -- 2nd N2O Inflation 2/18/2023 --- 3rd N2O Inflation 3/05/2023
Quax

Post by Quax »

Hi,
TedCos wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:40 pm ... to tell the truth you’ve put me off it now lol.
There is no reason for the 'lol' - you've done right :wink:

As Tx_IntactGuy wrote in another thread: "Fear is a valid reason/motivator not to do something"

Everyone has to decide by himself.

Edit: Inflating CO2 at the very moment :D
"You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy" (Nightbirde - *12.29.1990 †02.19.2022)