correct/best needle insertion point or site?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

_rourou_t

correct/best needle insertion point or site?

Post by _rourou_t »

so ive been doing saline a few times now but while inserting the needle/catheter im still very scared and conscious about if i hit the veins or the testes or dermis but i cant seem to tell if the needle is correctly placed or not , i usually insert directly in the center to avoid the testes. any advice with or without pictures would be extremely helpful!
abstract22

Re: correct/best needle insertion point or site?

Post by abstract22 »

To avoid veins, you could use a flashlight and shine it through the skin. Locate a general area where you can't see any veins, and remember that location. You'll want the skin to be as loose as possible, so make sure to be in a warm place. I used an infrared lamp on the ground, pointed up, that constantly keeps me warm so the skin is nice and loose, and it also allows me to see veins in real time. That way, your testicles will be quite low, away from the needle. Insert the needle in the middle, where your shaft meets the scrotum. Disinfect the area, then insert the needle. Go slow and make sure the tip of the needle isn't anywhere near your testicles. Always keep in mind how long the needle is and how far your testicles are from the surface, so you have a rough idea of whether you're far enough from them. There's not much else to worry about. Once the needle is in, I tape it to my skin so it doesn't move around or slide out.
Tx_IntactGuy

Re: correct/best needle insertion point or site?

Post by Tx_IntactGuy »

Abstract covered most of it I think. If you do hit a vein, you'll know right away if there's blood "flashback" up the needle. Definitely something to look out for.
1st N2O Inflation 2/1/2023 -- 2nd N2O Inflation 2/18/2023 --- 3rd N2O Inflation 3/05/2023