Saline Infusion Pump?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

havok1209

Saline Infusion Pump?

Post by havok1209 »

Curious if anyone has ever tried using an inline saline pump to push the saline a lot faster than waiting for gravity. Thoughts? Experiences?
I love getting a pump and putting on some heavy weights
4sumfun

Re: Saline Infusion Pump?

Post by 4sumfun »

havok1209 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:47 am Curious if anyone has ever tried using an inline saline pump to push the saline a lot faster than waiting for gravity. Thoughts? Experiences?
The IV set I have used a few times have injection ports. I connect a syringe to the lowest port away from the bag and draw/fill it then push it through thaeIV to the catheter. It's worked but very manual. Need to be very careful with overpressure too as the drip gives your skin time to stretch. Forcing it thru strains the skin more.
dc9by7

Post by dc9by7 »

Have you tried a pressure cuff?
The bag slips inside and you use a small hand pump.
Similar to blood pressure cuff.
Very simple.
Guy2059

Post by Guy2059 »

Peristaltic Liquid Pump Dosing Pump
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PWY4SM6/

Actual IV infusion pumps are very expensive, so these Peristaltic pumps are the types you would want to use because they do not come in contact with any of the fluids. They do make specific IV adiministration tubing kits that have a softer section of the tubing that goes into the infusion pump.
I bought the pump in the link above and did a infusion with it using the correct IV infusion tubing. It is a bit tricky to get the tubing into the pump and I had it turned all the way up to the max 100ml/min but i have a feeling that the 25g catheter i was using wasnt letting it flow fast enough to make it worth it. I may try it again with a 20g cath but i can't get any more of IV infusion pump tubing kits, so i might try using a normal IV line and see how it goes. Otherwise i might try a different pump with a much higher low rate.

In the mean time I bought a pressure infusion bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6YZ1KZJ? and it works really well.

My favorite way to infuse is manually with a 60ml syringe but saddly I can't find any IV tubing kits that have the Y adapter with luer lock. So if anyone knows where to get those hit me up. :D