Pumptoys closing down?

Talk about ball pumping, stretching, ball enlargement techniques.

Moderator: bigray57

jocktop808

Pumptoys closing down?

Post by jocktop808 »

After nearly three years of bullmaster, magnum, and now 357 unavailability, are we left to any other conclusion that pumptoys is functionally closed while they attempt to sell through other inventory? This is terrible for our hobby. Are the molds patented? I’ve been patient but this is ridiculous.
SFBallpumper

Re: Pumptoys closing down?

Post by SFBallpumper »

My guess is that they're having supply chain issues. Headlines such as yours, unfortunately, start rumors. And those rumors can wipe out a small business.
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
crakerjack

Post by crakerjack »

I ordered a 357 mid February and received it last week. It showed as back ordered, but Dave took my money, and I got the product
cma_throw

Post by cma_throw »

Yeah, they are still accepting orders for 357s and Long Johnnys. The actual Bullmasters are not available for backorder because of supply chain issues. Credit card companies have strict rules about accepting backorders and the time frame in which the product is shipped. Basically, Pumptoys can't guarantee a ship date for Bullmasters because of unreliable raw material, so they can't accept backorders for them.
B33FDICK

Post by B33FDICK »

wouldn't "supply chain issues" also effect the long johnny, though? AFAIK that is built out of the same 4" stock cylinder as the bullmaster & bullmaster magnum, so they just had tons of long johnny's lying around? seems like they can't or wont make 4" bullmasters for whatever reason, who knows?
cma_throw

Post by cma_throw »

B33FDICK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:25 am wouldn't "supply chain issues" also effect the long johnny, though? AFAIK that is built out of the same 4" stock cylinder as the bullmaster & bullmaster magnum

This is just a wild guess but I bet the bullmaster fabrication is tricky and results in a certain number of imperfections/seconds. If the 4’’ stock is in short supply, then they probably don’t want to waste it on bullmasters that are tricky to fabricate. Much easier to make a long Johnny where are you gotta do is cut the tube at a 90 degree angle and glue on the end cap.
jocktop808

Post by jocktop808 »

4” cast acrylic tubing is in stock and immediately available from multiple vendors. Covid supply chain isn’t an excuse anymore.
MaskedHero

Post by MaskedHero »

It’s incredibly frustrating. I’ve emailed them dozens of times over the last couple years, each time letting them know I have money in hand and want to buy multiple bullmasters, each time met with the same response about supply chain issues.

I’m just not understanding it at this point. I’m in the manufacturing business as I manage people on a shop floor. How can you still be having issues with supply this long after the pandemic? Beyond that, if anyone in this industry is having a hard time getting a certain material they (my company included) will try different suppliers of that material until we find one consistent enough to do business with. I would really like to know more about what’s going on with PumpToys, but at this point I’m convinced I’ll never own a BullMaster unless it’s from a secondary market. I’ve all but given up with them.
B33FDICK

Post by B33FDICK »

i've heard from a couple different people, they'll say that 4" bullmaster's have been available many times since 7-10 days "supply chain issues" and we're all just to slow to back order them, lol. i check that page 100's of times a day, well more than a few it's usually the 1st thing i do in the morning, it's my 1st pinned bookmark.

"the 7-10 days" is what really makes me wonder, it's like 2 years of that now, come on now!
goodbytes

Post by goodbytes »

jocktop808 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:17 pm After nearly three years of bullmaster, magnum, and now 357 unavailability, are we left to any other conclusion that pumptoys is functionally closed while they attempt to sell through other inventory? This is terrible for our hobby. Are the molds patented? I’ve been patient but this is ridiculous.
I've also been wondering if there is a patent and what the patent might be.
Probably going to just end up finding a similar extruded acrylic tube stock that will work with the existing seal, getting some local machine shop to make me a metal teardrop shape and an oblong rounded oval shape, and devising some sort of centering jig with screwjack to use with a heat gun.
I can't actually seem to find the exact 3-7/8" ID 4-1/2" OD tube stock that they use. Not sure how they affix the end cap since I've never worked with acrylic but one of the slip-over PVC endcaps glued on might work or could possibly have some threads cut into the end to use a screw-on type.
I've also wondered if 3d printing was an option but I don't know anything about the different strengths of 3d printed plastics so might be worth contacting local 3d printing shops to see what they think.
theomb

Post by theomb »

I ordered a Silicone gasket and other parts and it arrived as ordered a week later. Seems like Pumptoys is okay. (hooray!)
Began stretching in 2000 with Saline Infusion, Pumping, Weights and all sorts of stretchers.
GinLover

Post by GinLover »

SFBallpumper wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:17 pm My guess is that they're having supply chain issues. Headlines such as yours, unfortunately, start rumors. And those rumors can wipe out a small business.
Sorry, but they are closing down themselves.
No international shipping, also no waitlist for international orders. No replies to any of my mails, checked spam always.
Might as well be dead.
I LOOOVE PUMPING, but I just cant get that seal over to Europe, without paying for shipping as much as for the seal itself . So I am limited with time of my pumping session (And so are results)

http://www.xtube.com/community/profile. ... r=GinLover
bullbags

Post by bullbags »

It's unfortunate but I also think that something is very wrong with pumptoys :( I need to upgrade some seals for some of my tubes like my LJ etc. but after listening to all the complaints it's clear something is amiss! :? No point in ordering and paying and being ghosted :x Sad really because their original customer service was pretty good and their products also :?: BB.
cma_throw

Post by cma_throw »

bullbags wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:33 am It's unfortunate but I also think that something is very wrong with pumptoys :( I need to upgrade some seals for some of my tubes like my LJ etc. but after listening to all the complaints it's clear something is amiss! :? No point in ordering and paying and being ghosted :x Sad really because their original customer service was pretty good and their products also :?: BB.
Actually, theomb just posted yesterday and said he was able to order a seal and other parts. The complaints on this thread are about Bullmasters being out of stock. You make it sound as though Pumptoys is taking people's money and not shipping. This is not the case.
bullbags

Post by bullbags »

No, this is not my intention, sorry if I misspoke :oops: As a long time customer of Pumptoys I just want to be cautious before I re-order :| it would be nice if the company would put out info to clarify what is going on and dispel misinformation! They don't seem to respond to enquiries from what others are reporting :?: BB.