Permanent hair removal

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

nderose802

Permanent hair removal

Post by nderose802 »

Anyone tried any of the at home laser removal devices? Any other home remedies for permanent hair removal? Will start that part of my journey soon. Looking for good success without seeing a professional.
"Those that matter don't mind,
Those that mind don't matter"
-Dr Seuss
tunerpip

Re: Permanent hair removal

Post by tunerpip »

I had used it. IPL works fine but to me , the best approach is to use an epilator (faster results and you can combine both methods). Just a comment, to use an epilator is not so painful as you can think,
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

I have been totally hairless (except for head and arms) for over 2 decades now. I used a home electrolysis unit.
bucket

Post by bucket »

I use a Braun epilator. It's a bit stingy if your hair is long, it should be max 5mm for best and easiest results. After you do it once it doesn't sting as much next time, and you can repeat as often as you need, unlike waxing that needs longer regrowth to work. I repeat fortnightly and remain really smooth and no ingrowns.

IPL needs dark hair to be effective, darker the better. Anything grey or light coloured won't be removed. Its also expensive and the home kits need another set of hands for back & shoulders. I had my back & shoulders done professionally pre pandemic and it hasn't grown back but it cost me nearly $800 and 6 sessions.
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

I found that an epilator pulls the hair so quickly that the hairs often break off at the skin level instead of pulling out of the follicle. That is why I tweezed instead.
wj

Post by wj »

I tried a home IPL and had almost zero success. Then found a local professional that used two types of lasers, depending on skin tone/hair color.
Turning grey, so I need to find some electrolysis and that seems harder to find for sensitive areas, though I haven't looked too much yet.

If anyone has had great permanent success with home electrolysis, as good as professional, please post or PM me your solution.
thanks
PA56

Post by PA56 »

I love being smooth and hairless but I wonder why guys to it. I'm not feminine nor do I do it for some feminine reason (I don't wear women's underwear etc). So why do we do it?

For me, I am naturally pretty hairless already. People think I shave my arms and have asked about my thighs because they're so smooth. The first time I went smooth was on a dare with a girl I knew who was shaving her legs and pussy in my bathroom. I asked her if she'd let me do the shaving and she agreed buy only if I'd let her shave me. It turned into a fun evening to say the least. The hair grew back but I couldn't forget the smooth feeling so I shave my cock and balls first. A few years later I saw guys in Germany with smooth arm pits so I shaved them to see what that was about. I loved it. Then one day I was in getting a crack and sack waxing and the guy asked me if I'd like to go all the way. I said why not and ever since then I've been smooth from my neck down.
rajrajiv

Post by rajrajiv »

I always love to be completely hairless except on the head and the face. For many years I used the Philips epilator but, it was so painful for me everytime that I always postponed hair removal for 4 to 5 days before doing it finally.
Now for last 2 years I have stopped using epilator and resorted to shaving only my groin area , balls, ass and front junk.
I went for laser hair removal but they told it would not be that effective as my hairs are dark colour and also my skin is brown so had to stop with that idea.
Any other idea for long time hair removal?
TinyMe

Post by TinyMe »

rajrajiv wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:33 am I always love to be completely hairless except on the head and the face. For many years I used the Philips epilator but, it was so painful for me everytime that I always postponed hair removal for 4 to 5 days before doing it finally.
Now for last 2 years I have stopped using epilator and resorted to shaving only my groin area , balls, ass and front junk.
I went for laser hair removal but they told it would not be that effective as my hairs are dark colour and also my skin is brown so had to stop with that idea.
I suggest that you go somewhere else and enquire about laser hair removal. Modern machines work on all hair types and all skin types - unless it’s IPL and not laser.

My preference is completely smooth from the abdomen down, (front and back) so I go get waxed once a month. I have my back and stomach done too if I’m going on holiday or feeling particularly wealthy!

I like to keep trimmed hair on my chest as I think it looks better (than smooth) when you’re overweight and I had semi successful IPL on my underarms a couple of years ago.

Saving for laser removal on all those areas that I currently have waxed.
Oh to have even an average sized cock….
MasterA6

Post by MasterA6 »

rajrajiv wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:33 am I always love to be completely hairless except on the head and the face. For many years I used the Philips epilator but, it was so painful for me everytime that I always postponed hair removal for 4 to 5 days before doing it finally.
If you cannot laser the other option is electrolysis, that is time consuming but is permanent. If you are not able to do that then waxing is an option, you just have to let the hair grow to a 1/4 inch and it usually lasts 3 to 5 weeks depending your hair growth. It can also last longer the more you do it. The pain is different than epilating, it's a quick sharp pain that fades quickly.
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

If you have free time on your hands try home electrolysis. I did my groin, chest, stomach, underarms and legs over a couple winters. None of the hair ever returned and it doesn't care about hair or skin color. I did my pubic triangle first in about a months time. I was amazed when after a couple months none of it returned and how smooth and sensitive my skin became. After that it was a no-brainer. I had to continue to do the remainder of my body. Never regretted it.
MasterA6

Post by MasterA6 »

NuderThanNude wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:00 pm If you have free time on your hands try home electrolysis. I did my groin, chest, stomach, underarms and legs over a couple winters. None of the hair ever returned and it doesn't care about hair or skin color. I did my pubic triangle first in about a months time. I was amazed when after a couple months none of it returned and how smooth and sensitive my skin became. After that it was a no-brainer. I had to continue to do the remainder of my body. Never regretted it.
Which unit did you use and was there any scarring or issues?
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

Inverness - One Touch.

I had no scarring or other issues. There will be red marks that look like mosquito bites for a week or two but when they go away the holes where the hairs exited fill in and the skin becomes baby smooth and very sensitive.
MasterA6

Post by MasterA6 »

NuderThanNude wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:20 pm Inverness - One Touch.

I had no scarring or other issues. There will be red marks that look like mosquito bites for a week or two but when they go away the holes where the hairs exited fill in and the skin becomes baby smooth and very sensitive.
Thank you.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

rajrajiv wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:33 am I went for laser hair removal but they told it would not be that effective as my hairs are dark colour and also my skin is brown so had to stop with that idea.
There's always the old-school, tried-and-true electrolysis. Many newer methods also style themselves as "electrolysis" nowadays, but the original one involves sliding a tiny wire alongside the hair shaft and zapping the root with electricity. It's fiddly, tedious work, and tends to be expensive since it takes a lot of time. But it works for any color hair or skin, and it's permanent.

If you have a spouse or buddy who can run the machine, it can be cheaper to buy a used machine on eBay, use it, and then you can resell it later if you want. Operating the machine isn't hard, but it's not something you can do yourself, at least for the areas you can't see.