Hydrocele self drain

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

randomperson626

Hydrocele self drain

Post by randomperson626 »

I'm guessing this is the best subforum for this topic?

Hello there. A friend of mine directed me here for advice. I used to do a lot of cock/ball pumping several years ago, and ended up with moderately sized hydroceles on each testicle. Unlike a few others here, they were fairly symmetrical, until fairly recently... I like(d) to tug on my balls pretty hard while fapping, and while doing so a few months ago, something happened to the left one. I wasn't sure what happened at first, but considering it now seems to be half the size it used to be, I'm guessing the hydrocele surrounding that one 'popped' somehow. Did not know that was a possibility, and in fact the urologist I saw regarding it said it's impossible (of course I didn't tell him how it happened)

My issue is that I saw this urologist because I wanted to get the right hydrocele drained, because when the first popped, when my left ball so much as tapped a surface, I'd be in pain for hours. It took about 2-3 weeks before that stopped. I didn't seek out a urologist immediately because some research indicated it would refill on its own after about a month or so. This never happened though, at least not to the extent it was filled before. The ultrasound I got did confirm it refilled a tiny bit, but 3 appointments nearly an hour away, over a period of a month or so later, my urologist told me he didn't think the right one was big enough to safely drain. And it was already difficult to find one that both took medicaid and didn't have a months long queue to begin with; I don't want to repeat this process, especially because it seems unlikely any other urologist will be willing to help me now. So I'm seeking help here.

I briefly considered posting this in the ball pumping subforum, because pumping could refill the left hydrocele, but I ended up concluding that wasn't the best idea. Not only would it be impossible to know how long that would take, I'd also have no way of knowing if the right hydrocele would fill at the same rate, and both constantly asymmetrical in size. But more importantly, the fact that one popped before means that it can happen again, and I'd rather not experience that pain again if I can help it. So my other thought was to come here, to ask how I should go about draining it myself.

At first I thought I'd need to drain it with a syringe, but after a brief search here I stumbled upon this post: viewtopic.php?p=332117#p332117
So it looks like I don't need the syringe after all, just a regular needle. That should already significantly lower the chance of infection, but I need to know everything else I should do to reduce that risk as much as possible. The hydrocele is at least big enough to tug away from the ball itself, so nicking it shouldn't be too much of an issue, and I have some very thin needles I got from my acupuncturist a while back that I could disinfect and use for this purpose. What else do I need to do to make this procedure safe?
Squirrel

Re: Hydrocele self drain

Post by Squirrel »

For draining i would recommend a catheter needle. If you're in the US they can be bought as piercing supplies from Amazon. Just stick the catheter wrapped needle in a safe spots remove the needle itself and you're left with a flexible and easily removable tube to drain from.

Other than hydroceles being a build up of fluid i don't know much about them. It sounds like your balls must have been a fluid build up if one side just got smaller all of the sudden. Odds are that the other side is liquid and drain able. Many of us have increased size from encapsulation and or cartilage build up. These can't be drained.

If you put a needle or catheter in to what you think is a fluid build up and nothing comes out you may have something else going on that will take medical attention to make smaller.
randomperson626

A hydrocele is like a little sac of fluid (and only fluid) that fills up around the testicle itself, usually as the result of some sort of trauma, and often fills more after ball pumping. An ultrasound confirmed that this is definitely what happened with me, the urologist I saw just didn't think it was enough fluid to justify the risk of draining it, because he didn't want to nick the testicle when sticking the syringe in and cause an infection. Apparently, he's accidentally done that before with hydroceles as "small" as mine. He probably just doesn't have enough experience.

I'd be a bit worried about poking the hydrocele with a needle left open to the elements, but going by the post I linked, simply puncturing it will allow it to drain into the rest of the sac and return to a more normal size. My questions regarding safety are more along the lines of if wiping the needle and area to be punctured with alcohol is enough to completely disinfect, or if I should go even further, what should I use to properly bandage the hole from the needle, how long should it take to close, etc. Things like that. Probably seems like questions with extremely obvious answers given the usual content of this site, but I really don't want to take any chances, so best to assume I know nothing and work from there.

I might be worrying too much going by some of the content I've seen in this particular subforum (guys can apparently pierce their actual balls and be fine, it seems) but given all the many warnings with saline/glucose/etc infusion, it kind of sounded like those warnings may not only apply to the fluid being injected, but the act of injection itself
randomperson626

Since I can't edit the previous message for some reason...
Other concerns: how do I pick the best spot on the sac to puncture, what signs do I watch for that would indicate a potential infection, how soon would I need to get to a hospital if there is one... there's probably many more risk factors I'm not thinking of. There's not exactly a specific guide for this kind of thing, and I just don't wanna make an easily avoidable mistake out of ignorance, and lose a ball over it
smairline80

Post by smairline80 »

I drain my left hydrocele quite regularly. I extract from 40 to 60 ml every time and fluids builds up again in about 2 months.
Procedure is really simple and safe, you are only puncturing the external sac of the testicle so as long you wipe it with alcohol and use surgical needles there are no worries (I often skewer also testicles although this is not advise)
I tried both syringe with a small needle, and 18g catheter needle. This last one is definitely the best way. You just need to tie the ball in order to make fluid pressure against the sac. Once you poke it it starts coming out (use a plastic container to collect fluid).
The best point to puncture is where the fluid pression is higher, you notice it by the swelling. It's really important to tie the balls.
randomperson626

smairline80 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:09 pm I drain my left hydrocele quite regularly. I extract from 40 to 60 ml every time and fluids builds up again in about 2 months.
Procedure is really simple and safe, you are only puncturing the external sac of the testicle so as long you wipe it with alcohol and use surgical needles there are no worries (I often skewer also testicles although this is not advise)
I tried both syringe with a small needle, and 18g catheter needle. This last one is definitely the best way. You just need to tie the ball in order to make fluid pressure against the sac. Once you poke it it starts coming out (use a plastic container to collect fluid).
The best point to puncture is where the fluid pression is higher, you notice it by the swelling. It's really important to tie the balls.
How long have you been draining it? Years? Is there a specific puncture spot you use, or have you poked all around the sac by now? How do you bandage the puncture wound? How long does it take to heal? Is there a specific kind of alcohol you use?

Would you consider an acupuncture needle suitable enough for this purpose? I'm pretty sure that's all I'd need, going by the post I linked before ( viewtopic.php?p=332117#p332117 ) though I was planning to try manually squeezing some out. My primary concern is limiting risks as much as possible, and technically puncturing skin with a tube exposed to open air, or even the tiny amount of air present in a syringe needle, is more risky than a solid needle. And of course, the wound will close faster with a thinner needle. Some on this forum may think I'm being a bit too paranoid, but I should only need to do this once, since the other hydrocele never significantly refilled, so the less risk the better.

Also, apologies for only just now seeing this, I kinda gave up checking for new replies after a week or so, though it doesn't help that this site doesn't notify when there are new posts to a thread you create. I'm hoping the quote function here gives a notification. The urologist I saw also referred me to another one, who referred me to -another- one... and both also thought it was too risky. The last guy I saw has been a urologist for 30 years, and essentially confirmed that nobody does hydrocele aspirations anymore... somebody really needs to update that wikipedia article at some point. Wasted the past few weeks for basically nothing
smairline80

Post by smairline80 »

I think you are worrying about it too much. It's not a very risky procedure if done with basic clean environment and cleaning area with alchool. You are not even puncturing testicle, only external sac.
No acopunture needle is not suitable, fluid won't flow through the tiny needle and you'll need an infinite amount of time.
I used big 18g needle, but with a little time also with 20g should be good, and better healing.
If you're worried about it just don't do it, you shouldn't do anything that scares you.
Last edited by smairline80 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smairline80

Post by smairline80 »

I drain myself by almost 5 years, never had an issue. Bandage is not needed, and healing is almost immediate, you don't need bandages or something like that on the balls
randomperson626

smairline80 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:59 pm I drain myself by almost 5 years, never had an issue. Bandage is not needed, and healing is almost immediate, you don't need bandages or something like that on the balls
You've drained yours every couple months for 5 years without issue? You're right then, I'm definitely worrying too much. I'll try to give your advice a go when I can then, and when I can work up the nerve for it lol. Trying that acupuncture needle was hard enough, and it didn't even puncture the skin, much less reach the hydrocele. Sac skin must be too thick or something.

I'm curious, why not get surgery to make sure your hydrocele never refills? that's gotta be a pain to deal with. Or are urologists as afraid to mess with yours are they are mine?
moose1980

Post by moose1980 »

Is it very big?
smairline80

Post by smairline80 »

randomperson626 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:50 am
smairline80 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:59 pm I drain myself by almost 5 years, never had an issue. Bandage is not needed, and healing is almost immediate, you don't need bandages or something like that on the balls
You've drained yours every couple months for 5 years without issue? You're right then, I'm definitely worrying too much. I'll try to give your advice a go when I can then, and when I can work up the nerve for it lol. Trying that acupuncture needle was hard enough, and it didn't even puncture the skin, much less reach the hydrocele. Sac skin must be too thick or something.

I'm curious, why not get surgery to make sure your hydrocele never refills? that's gotta be a pain to deal with. Or are urologists as afraid to mess with yours are they are mine?
Because I don't see it as an issue, so I'm not interested in having it permanently removed :)
I play with needles in the balls sometimes, and sometime I just drain the hydrocele for fun.
In the photos you can see how big it is, the play that I do sometime (unrelated to drain), and the fluid extracted about 40ml:
Extracted fluid
Extracted fluid
Hydrocele on left ball
Hydrocele on left ball
Needle play
Needle play
randomperson626

moose1980 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:57 am Is it very big?
It makes the affected ball look about 1.5-2x as big as the other one. Not quite as big as smairline80's
randomperson626

smairline80 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:44 pm Because I don't see it as an issue, so I'm not interested in having it permanently removed :)
I play with needles in the balls sometimes, and sometime I just drain the hydrocele for fun.
In the photos you can see how big it is, the play that I do sometime (unrelated to drain), and the fluid extracted about 40ml:

Screenshot_20220725_083757.jpg

Screenshot_20220725_083903.jpg

Screenshot_20220725_083936.jpg
A friend saw that first pic and I have to relay his golden response here XD
"The legends are true... pee IS stored in the balls..."

It baffles me how urologists can be so paranoid about needles -possibly- nicking balls when there's so many guys like you that can skewer them like that and be perfectly fine afterwards. Guess they're too afraid of getting sued or something. Certainly would've made it far easier if someone else could've done it though, I have a tough time watching fluids from my body drain into needles and tubes lol. Might be easier if I get some numbing cream
smairline80

Post by smairline80 »

Well, we are on an extreme bodymod and bdsm forum, so I don't understand.
I have videos of myself doing both the procedure with a 18g needle or with a syringe. Even though I don't consider this to be a medical procedure but only a pervert and masochist game, one of the many I do.
And yes, interstitial fluid is yellowish.
If you consider it a medical problem, just go to a urologist and do not consult body mod forums...
randomperson626

smairline80 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:15 am Well, we are on an extreme bodymod and bdsm forum, so I don't understand.
I have videos of myself doing both the procedure with a 18g needle or with a syringe. Even though I don't consider this to be a medical procedure but only a pervert and masochist game, one of the many I do.
And yes, interstitial fluid is yellowish.
If you consider it a medical problem, just go to a urologist and do not consult body mod forums...
Most doctors consider hydroceles to be a medical problem, but apparently only huge ones are taken care of. I went to several urologists about mine, and none of them wanted to do anything because it's not big enough. That's why I asked for help here. You've been far more helpful than any of those urologists were. I know what to do now, just gotta work up the nerve to go through with it