newbie plugging observations

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

AndyJ

Re: newbie plugging observations

Post by AndyJ »

Great idea, PN! I was never able to get my sanded-down plugs as smooth as they were to start with, and sometimes they're "draggy" when trying to insert or remove them.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

After not stretching for a few months, I managed to insert the gauge spike in all the way to the ball end; 30Fr, or 10mm. Took a bit over half an hour. I pushed the 10mm plug in and wore it for about 12 hours until it started to slide out while urinating.

A year ago, it took several days of gauging and progressively-larger plugs to make it to 10mm. Now I can do it in one step, even if it does take half an hour of stretching first.

One interesting thing about the 9 and 10mm plugs is I don't get the "flutter" when urinating. I'm guessing they stretch the urethra enough that none of the urethral wall is near the opening of the plug, so it doesn't act like a flapper valve.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

[a long report]

I've been doing a lot of vacuum extending for the last couple of months, and the plugs I had weren't compatible with the vacuum bells, so I set the plugs aside for a while.

I noticed some new plugs on eBay; they're very short, 20mm or so, with a thin head that fits almost flush against the glans. And they were cheap for a whole set. They're in weird sizes - 8.25mm, 9.6mm, etc., but nicely finished, with very large through-holes.

Since my opening had shrunk a bit, I inserted the 8.25mm. Since the plug was lightweight and was shaped to keep the end flange flush against my glans, it stayed in place with no problem. I literally didn't even know it was there. I was able to use both vacuum extenders - I have a Size Doctor and a common bell-and-sleeve type - with no problem. And since it was so short, residing entirely within the glans, jelquing was not affected.

Unfortunately, perhaps due to the way the front of the plug has a shallow taper to the outer flange, it didn't seal very well when urinating. I managed to pee on my foot, my leg, and the floor before I got the stream shut off. I wound up pulling it out after only 12 hours.

----

Last week I had another new plug; I don't have a picture of it at the moment, but it has a smooth taper up to a short 10mm straight section, with a nearly-square edge, and then a 7x2mm shank, a 10mm ball, another 7x2mm shank, and then a 10mm cylindrical end with a hinged ring. It originally had some other bits that were supposed to grab behind the corona, I think, but I could never get them arranged in any way that looked like it would work, so I took them off.

My opening had shrunk to 8mm or so from lack of plugging, so I had to work back up to 10mm. By that time the opening was quite sore, of course, but I got it in.

The majority of the plugs I have are arranged with bumps or ball shapes, so the weight of the plug is always trying to push through the fibrous ring behind the opening. I usually have some mild discomfort from that; I get used to it, no big deal. The square-end plug sits *on* the ring, instead of trying to push through it. It was so comfortable I couldn't even tell it was there unless I reached down and felt of it.

The usual plugs, I normally put a finger on each side of the meatus, squeezing the opening down so the plug can't slide out when urinating. If a plug is going to come out by itself, it's usually then, at least for me. I wanted to see if the square end would keep it from blowing out. In short, no. Though the square end felt much like I imagine having a baby through my urethra when it came out...

Next time I'll see how long I can get it to stay in there. After a few days the opening should shrink down a bit to help hold it in place.

----

My new ideal plug would be one of those short 20mm plugs, except with a square end to help it seal and keep it in.

----

I also dug my Tetherspout bits out and tried those again. It's much easier now; I can get the spout and the retainer in with no trouble, but even with the dental floss and forceps, I can't make the retainer turn so I can get the spout through it. I worked on it for about an hour, until I got sore and frustrated. I have a suspicion my "fossa navicularis" is unusually small, so it has to be stretched some to get the retainer to turn. I'm not deformed or anything, but I have a very small glans compare to my shaft diameter. But I'll keep working on it; my new resolution is to make an attempt once a week. Sooner or later I'll get that stupid retainer to turn.
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

Due to its olive shape, the plug holds in the constriction at the Meatus urethrae externus and lies comfortably in the fossa navicularis urethrae and stretches it. Look at the picture of the plug. The plug is a total of 5cm long. The problem is only after 2 to 3 weeks the meatus urethrae externus is widened and the next size is needed. You only notice the widening when the plug falls out, but that's a desired effect. :D
Attachments
SDC40023a Plug.JPG
Solo Masturbant :D
bob3780

Post by bob3780 »

Can you please share where you had ordered this plug from?
I would like to order one.
Thanks
Bob
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

If you need an individually produced Penisplug it please contact https://www.etsy.com/listing/206203323/ ... =related-1
There Plugs are made up to 16mm on request.
And: http://www.edelstahl-x-design.com/Penis-Plug-konisch
https://www.onlineshop-bdsm.de/epages/6 ... 12-2450-18

Have fun!
:D
Solo Masturbant :D
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

The problem I've been having with the Thetherspout is that my meatus, if not actively stretched, can only take an 8mm sound, 24Fr. The smallest Tetherspout retainer is 26Fr. So I have to step up through plug sizes until I'm 26Fr or larger, then insert the spout and retainer, try to turn the retainer 90 degrees, and pull the spout through. So far, I've been unable to get the freakin' spout through the retainer no matter how I knead the area, probe with forceps, and pull on the dental floss, even when stretched all the way to 10mm, 30Fr.

The other day I had an idea: once I've stretched to 10mm I have a gape for a few hours, and then it slowly closes and shrinks down to its natural size of 8mm. What if I found an O-ring that was 6mm on the inside and 10mm on the outside and used that instead of the Tetherspout retainer? It would be a lot smaller in diameter, but I could stuff it straight in, preassembled, without having to try to turn the retainer. All I would have to do it keep it from falling out until the meatus shrank back down.

Today, I accomplished this, with an 11mm O-ring, even. I used a split plastic drinking straw to push the assembly in.

Surprisingly, considering I have about 1100 hours of plugging experience and the O-ring is smaller than the smallest Tetherspout retainer, it was extremely uncomfortable. After a few hours I pressed on the bottom of my urethra and moved the O-ring and spout forward, with the spout sticking out. *Much* better. I pushed the spout back in; the O-ring stayed near the opening.

It has only been four hours so far, and it's still noticeably uncomfortable. I'll see how it feels in a few days.

For removal, the O-ring will squeeze down and should come through the meatus with no trouble, unlike the steel or hard rubber "official" retainers. The O-ring won't provide the kind of positive retention the retainers do, but as long as it doesn't fall out when I pee through it, I'm OK.
data1730

Post by data1730 »

my 16mm plug. I can also take a 17mm which I have
Attachments
IMG-1841.jpg
Baza

Post by Baza »

Love to use my plugs as well I am only just up to twelve mm at the moment but would love to be at about fifteen mm love to play when estim as well
wufas2663

Post by wufas2663 »

I can stick my finger in my cock.
df4545.jpg
wufas2663

Post by wufas2663 »

12 mm probe into the bladder
20230126_101958.893.jpg
192813(0).avi
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
TinyMe

Post by TinyMe »

Wow! :shock:
Oh to have even an average sized cock….
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

I haven't done any plug/meatus work since this time last year. Early this morning I tried an experiment; I spent about an hour stretching, until I could push the 7mm plug all the way in, end and all. I think the end is around 8mm; it's larger than the shaft, and I didn't think to measure it first.

The idea was to be able to slide the plug forward, spreading the meatus lips, to urinate cleanly, then push the plug back and let everything seal back up to avoid drips and prevent picking up another UTI.

Amazingly, it worked. Mostly. A finger at the base of the plug, then shift to the underside of the glans to push the fat end of the plug to spread the lips, then a straight shot out to urinate.

Downside: there's pressure on the plug when I sit, and it pushes it forward enough to open the meatus some anyway. And when I urinate, the plug will slide forward until there's a bit of steel sticking out, but not enough for the plug to come out, (good) but all the lube has washed away and it doesn't want to go back in. (bad). I have to use a tool to push it deep enough for the meatus to close completely, which is a hassle.

I was also able to use the vacuum extender and vacuum hanger with no problems. I could definitely feel the plug in there as vacuum swelled the glans, but it didn't hurt, and after a few hours I barely noticed it. Edging was also no problem. I haven't tried pumping with it yet.

Overall it's better fully inserted than when worn normally. I'm waiting to see how long it will stay in. Normally, it would come out on its own in four to eight hours and it would be time to insert a larger plug. Since the meatus is able to close normally with it fully inserted, I'm hoping it will stay put. It has been in for sixteen hours no with no sign of coming out.

I'm thinking about shortening the plug so it stays within the fossa navicularis when pushed back, instead of having to go down into the urethra, which is a lot tighter. Though that may loosen up after a while.

Anyway, the "internal penis plug" idea seems moderately successful so far.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

After a couple of days the plug decided to leave the fossa navicularis and slide all the way down to my prostate. It kept wanting to slide out and spread the meatus lips when I was trying to put my vacuum extender on, and I didn't want the lips to be open, which was the whole point of shoving the whole plug inside. I kept pressing it back further and further, until it went past the slight constriction between the fossa and my urethra, at which point I discovered all the sounding I did a couple of years ago to break up the tight spots is still effective.

The long steel plug up against my prostate was definitely a strange feeling.

It slid back out to the tip next time I urinated, and I went ahead and worked it out, which took a while since the opening had shrunk back down.

So, the results:

UPSIDE: as far as piss control, it worked perfectly. A little pressure under the glans to press the end of the plug forward, and it would spread the lips, expose the hole in the plug, and I could pee straight.

UPSIDE: no discomfort, even when vacuum extending, pumping, or masturbating. After a day I had to feel for it to make sure it was there.

DOWNSIDE: once it slid forward, it didn't want to slide back. I had to use a tool to shove it back in. A finger or tool needs to be sterile. I've had three UTIs from playing with plugs; I don't want another.

DOWNSIDE: if it slides back, it's both uncomfortable and ineffective

I think shortening the plug so it can be retracted without the tail going into the urethra would help. I could also use a plug with a larger head if I do some stretching first. To get it out I'd have to use the stretching tool; I have one of those things with two arms and a jackscrew that does that.

So, not a complete success, but not a complete failure either. I will cut down a plug and try again.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

I did another stretch session, four or five days to get up to 10mm, then a week with one a 10mm plug with a hinged glans ring to keep it from falling out. Lots of room to manipulate a medium-length threaded spout through a 9mm (27Fr) retainer. A few minutes of fiddling and the spout pulled right through. Previous times, I never could get the retainer turned properly and the spout through it.

Most medical illustrations show the fossa navicularis as being an open hollow area about the size and shape of an olive. I found one illustration from an 1870s textbook that showed a fossa that was barely larger than the urethra, and pleated along its length. Apparently that's much less common than the open type. I can feel the pleats when I probe with a small tapered probe. The small diameter makes it hard to get the retainer turned.

The diameter of the pleated area is less than 8mm; I can feel the flange of the spout rub when I turn it from outside.

It took a while to get used to the Tetherspout. I have over a thousand hours logged with the hollow plugs, but the retainer is larger in diameter, and it presses up near the opening where the smaller-diameter neck of an ordinary plug goes, so it's not an area that's used to having any contact with anything. It was a bit uncomfortable, interspersed with occasional shooting pains. Apparently there are nerves in that area, and every now and then they'd wake up and complain. After three days that went away, and after a week I was used to it enough that I'd have to reach down to make sure it was still there.

I'm using a threaded spout with a stainless steel hex nut screwed on the end outside. I didn't want the spout to slide back in and get out of alignment with the retainer since it was such a hassle to get it through in the first place.

I tried the screw-on "shackle" and hung a 1/2 pound weight with no problem. A 1 pound weight was doable, but not very comfortable. That was in the first week when I was still getting used to it. I had doubted TP's assertion that the spout could be used for light extending or hanging, but he was right.

Urinating with a hollow plug is "like a laser beam" until I get stretched enough for urine to leak around the plug. The spout doesn't give that kind of stream; it's larger in diameter and "feathery", with occasional drops going astray, more like a natural stream. I suspect some urine is leaking around the sides of the retainer, much like what happens when a plug is loose. I'm not using the largest retainer I could take, since I had to stretch the opening to get it in there in the first place. Still, I don't have to carry the "pee bag" with the extension tube and wipes any more; I can just whip my tool out and pee like any ordinary schmuck now.

Anyway, I post updates as things develop.