looking to get supplies for first infusion, 2 q's

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Moo91

looking to get supplies for first infusion, 2 q's

Post by Moo91 »

What do you hang your saline bags from?

What connects the needle or catheter to the bag? Do the bags come with hoses?

edit: and what is this product? It's the same price as one of the 1000ml bags, but it's worded to make me think that it is two bags.
kinkykiwi

Re: looking to get supplies for first infusion, 2 q's

Post by kinkykiwi »

Hey there..

in answer to your questions....

1) no the saline will not come with pricks etc... You will need to purchase an iv kit separately. Im not sure about your location but in new Zealand we have the needle exchange. This is the only source to legally hold sharps in this country without being charged for holding drug paraphernalia

2) that product is not saline and is for a single bag or box of 14 (you choose on ordering). This product is dextrose 5% which i would not recommend for a first timer. Read some older dextrose posts to learn more but basically its saline (0.9% NaCl) with 5% dextrose. Dextrose is in its simplest form a sugar. When injected this sugar attracts more fluids into the area causing a swelling. Also it carries risk as it create havoc to the blood sugar levels in your body which can create real dangers for you.

i have done saline many times before and have just tried d5. I tried with 200ml only to see how i reacted. For me i was fine but glad i tested first as i swelled more than expected. As i said try with saline first and do your homework and keep yourself clean and safe. Personally on one occasion i was a bit slack with hygiene, got an infection which felt like death and ended up needing an ultrasound.... Very embarrassing.
didn't scare me off tho and i hope not you either... Its a great feeling-just be sure to read up and keep safe (don't forget the photos)

ignore this - phone being stupid:: with 200ml