I have a confession!

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

arabianKnight

I have a confession!

Post by arabianKnight »

Hello guys

you probably read n my post in the past that i've done saline only once.
An expert friend did for it at night around 11pm, I infused 600ml until I felt that my sac can't take more (sadly)
then we played together and stayed over night at his place. When I woke up in the morning most of the saline was gone
because my balls were leaking, am surprised that he didn't close the tiny hole after he took out the catheter
and my question is: why I got fever the day after from afternoon till night?
I got body chill and fever. I just took two Tylanol pills and went to sleep, when I woke up everything was normal.
is it because I didn't keep that hole closed and clean after infusion?
some guys told me that this is an "old fashion shock" because needles scare me a lot!
thanks for your reply
gandalf9997

Re: I have a confession!

Post by gandalf9997 »

Usually, a fever is a sign of infection. There are many chances for being infected when you infuse. It could have been that the needle wasn't sterile, or that you didn't clean the injection site enough before or after the infusion. If he didn't put a bandage on the hole afterward, it is quite likely the infection happened then. What I would recommend in the future is to clean the area with an alcohol pad before and after the infusion, and also to place a bandage on it at least until the leaking stops or goes down.
Metal_Micky

Re: I have a confession!

Post by Metal_Micky »

Old fashioned... but we used to notice most patients got a fever after trauma and we'd always believed it was because of the bruising.

This even happened when the skin had NOT been broken... most of these sorted themselves out in less than 24 hours.

I myself have had flushes/slight fever after saline done under the best sterile conditions.

My advice... go see a medic IF your "fever" last more than 24hours after saline.

BUT do tell them what you've done... they may grin but they've seen worse ;-)