Need Dex Info. I want to try it!

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Original_Syba

Need Dex Info. I want to try it!

Post by Original_Syba »

Hi,
So I was wanting information on Dextrose before I gave it a shot. I know its a risk and blah blah, but you can't argue with the beauty of expansion. Now I was wanting to know the expansion rate of 5% vs 10% and mabe a few stories good or bad that might help me prepare trying this out.
B8rBear

Re: Need Dex Info. I want to try it!

Post by B8rBear »

The "sugar" in dextrose helps pull fluids into the scrotum ... the rate and time in which this occurs is not set in stone. Each person has a slightly different chemistry and hydration status. In order to ensure you don't "over due" ... make sure to drink LOTS of water before infusing with any dextrose solution. And if you have ANY tendencies towards diabetes, hypo or hyperglycemia, dextrose solution is NOT for you. It will raise your blood sugar as it is absorbed into the blood stream. The higher the concentration/percentage of dextrose, the more "pull" it will have so hydration status is very important in using higher concentrations. Also to consider is the osmolality (osmo) of the solution you infuse. Saline has about the same osmo as your blood. 10% dextrose has a significantly higher osmo and therefore will actually "pull even more" fluid than 5% dextrose. I use a D5/saline blended solution that has a VERY high osmo and has actually makes my skin "ache" while it pulls fluid into my scrotum. I probably will try D10 next time I order fluids. I hope this info helps.