Saline/Glucose/Dextrose?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

zeropoint

Saline/Glucose/Dextrose?

Post by zeropoint »

Firstly, hello! I'm new to saline and this forum. I'm hoping to read more and eventually play.

Why do some people use saline solution, while some seem to use glucose solutions or dextrose solutions? Is there any meaningful difference between the effects, or is it just whichever is most readily available to the person?
thejuice

Re: Saline/Glucose/Dextrose?

Post by thejuice »

I think glucose and dextrose last longer. However there is a danger involved with using either of them. I don't know all the info on the topic so I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will comment.
B8rBear

Re: Saline/Glucose/Dextrose?

Post by B8rBear »

thejuice is correct ... dextrose (or as some call it glucose) lasts a bit longer because it has the ability to pull extracellular fluids into your scrotum. It acts like a magnet for fluid. You must be well hydrated so the extra fluid is available. Also, it converts to glucose (sugar) as it is absorbed into the blood stream by the body, therefore, if there is ANY hint of diabetes or hypoglycemia in your medical history, dextrose is VERY risky for you. Saline will fill your scrotum very nicely but, as soon as the infusion stops, the body begins absorbing it. Thus why it doesn't last as long. I hope that helps you understand a little about the difference between dextrose and saline solutions.