Tattoos - yes or no ???

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

TetherSpout

Tattoos - yes or no ???

Post by TetherSpout »

Tattoos are very mainstream now. I think they can sometimes add to a man's aura of masculinity and intrigue (emphasis on "sometimes"), but I think they are overused and it is my personal opinion that they always cheapen women.

Whenever I discover that a woman has a tattoo, I loose a little respect for her and think less of her, even if I have known her for some time. I would feel that way even about my own mother or sister. And I have no respect at all for women who have large gaudy tattoos in visible places. To me they just become someone inconsequential: to fuck and forget (if they're not too ugly).

Am I the only one with such negative views of tattoos, especially in regard to women? Express your opinions here. I think the results could be interesting.
tassyluver

Post by tassyluver »

I don't like tattoos on the arms of women but I like small ones on their breasts, tummy, vaginal area etc...... I think they are sexy in those areas of a woman's body. I also like the tribal ones on their lower back.
bullettooth

Tattoos

Post by bullettooth »

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, although I certainly don't agree with yours!

I have many tattoos which are special to me, not just some fashion statement. My girlfriend has a lot more and I admire her for not being a conformist.

Tattooing is as old as man, rejoice in the fact that people are different.
bullettooth

Tattoos

Post by bullettooth »

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, although I certainly don't agree with yours!

I have many tattoos which are special to me, not just some fashion statement. My girlfriend has a lot more and I admire her for not being a conformist.

Bijou

Post by Bijou »

Prejudging somebody solely because they have ink makes you a douche. End of story.
TetherSpout

Post by TetherSpout »

Bijou wrote:
Prejudging somebody solely because they have ink makes you a douche. End of story.
Read what I said again. I don't prejudge anyone, nor do I look down on people who are into body modification, tribalism or whatever (gang cultures excepted). I'm talking about people in the mainstream who think that a tattoo will automatically make them more attractive or who are pretending to be something they're not. In mainstream America, tattoos are now so common that it is almost more conformist to have one than not. And in most of those cases I feel they detract. That's just my personal opinion and I'm not offended if others don't agree.

Because it's not a black & white subject, I'm curious to know what others think, but I expect intelligent thoughtful replies. So if you can't respond without flying off the handle and resorting to insults or name-calling, you don't belong here.
roglacat

Re: Tattoos

Post by roglacat »

i love heavily tattooed women! i wish more of them would show off their work.

i'd like to see your girl's ink
bullettooth wrote:Everyone is entitled to an opinion, although I certainly don't agree with yours!

luchs32

Post by luchs32 »

Well I have a tattoo on my left breast and will be getting another on my right. BOTH of my own design. It is a statement to me.. I love my artwork. However it is done in good taste, not too big nor too small.. Hidden, but in view when I want it to be. Can be hidden by a bathing suit or shirt.

Ink is a personal prefrence.. Some can over do it, but many are tastefully done.

Women with tatt's especially dainty ones or nipple ones can be actually exciting and beautiful. To Each their own.

But to think less of someone because they have ink is almost like thinking less of someone for having a short or long dick, or or long or short labias. Or one breast smaller than the other. It is part of the physical being. Each one is different, and unique. To be respected for personal preference. Or personal being.

I love to see good artwork tastefully done on anyone, male or female. Not Gaudy. Or full body tatt's. However some of those are pretty beautiful too. Depending on the artwork.

I do not judge someone with Tatt's or mods, unless there is an attitude to judge by.. And then I make up my mind about them. A bad attitude can turn me off faster than any mods, or tatt's.

And, Someone who has tattoos has not changed even if you knew them for years, they are the same person, inside and out, even if you have just found out they had artwork on their body, they are the same person you knew, before you saw the art. Tattoo or Mod.
Luchs32
tassyluver

Post by tassyluver »

Very well stated Luchs32.....I AGREE!!