Risks of doing a saline injecting marathon over 1 month or longer?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

brubash

Risks of doing a saline injecting marathon over 1 month or longer?

Post by brubash »

Im playing with the thought of doing a long marathon if I should ever get a completely free month. But my biggest worry is if there are any serious health risk from injecting Saline everyday. I don’t mean the usual risk of an infection from the catheter.

I mean if there are any known risks from having ~1.5 liters of saline in your scrotum for 1 month.

Has anyone here ever done very long saline marathons?

And what were the results? Was there any significant growth?
Gamer

Re: Risks of doing a saline injecting marathon over 1 month or longer?

Post by Gamer »

I've done some marathons that have lasted up to and sometimes slightly over a week.

This can mean upwards of 8L over the course of the week to inflate and re-inflate.

Your biggest risk is going to be the constant need to re-stick to reinflate, and the risk of infection that this will introduce. Since you would need to re-inject every day or every other day in order to maintain a respectable size, it's going to be difficult to continue sealing these holes and risky to do this over a month as your chances of infection could go way up with each new one.

You might use dextrose or instead of saline, which could reduce the number of injections you would need to maintain size.

Long story short, long sessions are doable but come with added risk, I do not recommend a month but maybe something more manageable like a week or maybe two. Give your skin time to heal in between sessions, use topical antibiotics as well as clean practices, etc.
Boomber_mod

Post by Boomber_mod »

brubash wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:41 am Im playing with the thought of doing a long marathon if I should ever get a completely free month. But my biggest worry is if there are any serious health risk from injecting Saline everyday. I don’t mean the usual risk of an infection from the catheter.

I mean if there are any known risks from having ~1.5 liters of saline in your scrotum for 1 month.

Has anyone here ever done very long saline marathons?

And what were the results? Was there any significant growth?
there are no risks, because the immune system does not recognize the physiological solution, as the physiological solution completely matches the parameters of the fluids in the body! The biggest risk is too sharp and large stretching of the skin, which can cause acute inflammation of the skin, temperature, weakness, or infection, as already said. The recommendation is to always use a warm saline solution, it gives greater elasticity to the skin and reduces painful sensations, and infuse until the skin is moderately tense.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

Gamer wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:29 am Your biggest risk is going to be the constant need to re-stick to reinflate, and the risk of infection that this will introduce.
Last few times I've had an IV, the nurse inserted a needle with a short line, maybe six inches long, and taped it down. Then they stuck the needle into that for IV, injections, whatever.

The clinic I do blood donations at uses a similar setup. You might be able to just insert the needles and leave them there until the end of the marathon, assuming they don't get in the way of other activity.
PumperSoCal

Post by PumperSoCal »

There are surely risks, anyone who says otherwise is a fool to be honest. As mentioned already, the constant state of removing a needle and putting one in introduces the risk for infection. So I personally would recommend using a catheter IV line instead of a winged infusion needle. The IV cath is designed specifically with a plastic hollow tube you pull the needle out of for use in veins/arteries. The needle comes out through the tube, but the tube remains in your body with the attach point for the drip line. They can be viable in most veins for about a week or so depending on the person, level of hydration, and such based on my very basic knowledge of them. That's what I'd use if you were say, going to keep something in, and not run the risk of puncturing your scrotum each time you go to refill. But like anything like this you have to keep the site clean. The most I've ever done was 3L over a 2 day period and I kept the cath in. I also didn't wear clothes below the waist the entire time and was retentive about swabbing with alcohol any time I touched near the area of the infusion site. Never done anything close to a week let a lone a month. But even if it were possible to do, the fact of changing the cath every 3 days is better than doing it once or maybe twice a day with a winged infusion needle setup. The other risk you have to watch out for is excess water results in a lot of urination. So you'll lose electrolytes and other minerals your body needs. Loss of too much electrolytes can result in cramping and a lot of other issues. So again, other stuff to be mindful of.

That aside, running the risk of infection and possible issues with your skin from the constant stretching, sterilization, and such. A month might sound like a fun fantasy to do to, but in practice, it's probably not a good idea to do it outright. Maybe build up to it? A week seems like a better starting point in my opinion.
Straight Pumper& Infuser

"I look normal on the outside, but you have no idea what lies beneath this brilliant camouflage."
pipefitterdom

Post by pipefitterdom »

I’m good for about ten days before life gets in the way and even then I get weary from lugging around my bag at full capacity.
If you infuse D10 in small amounts it expands for hours and lingers for days if you stay tied off most of the time.
I can maintain pretty massive size infusing every three days.
So ten infusions could last a month. If you try it be really careful and pay close attention and quit if you start to feel feverish or unusually sore.
K.caseni-Las

Post by K.caseni-Las »

You might risk to get bored :P I don't see why you want to do it?