Silicone source?

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

nightshadow42

Silicone source?

Post by nightshadow42 »

Howdy!

I've been wanting to get silicone for a long time now, but I can't go anywhere to get it done due to travel restrictions.

I'm confident in my skill to inject it myself despite a lot of risk involved in the process, so putting that aside the biggest barrier in doing it myself has been sourcing silicone safe to inject.

I might have found a source but I wanted to ask around for a "second opinion" as it were.

I'm currently looking at a chemical supply company called Sigma-Aldrich for Dimethylpolysiloxane or dimethicone silicone oil.
The product comes with a sterility guarantee, and documented certification of purity and quality.

Has anyone ever considered a source like this, much less used it before? Let me know what you think
tryst

Re: Silicone source?

Post by tryst »

I was buying mine from a pharmacy in Germany, but to be honest, I can't recommend silicone at all due to the way it interacts with the immune system, leading to damage to surrounding tissue. Silicone isn't just permanent - it has irreversible effects.

There are potential alternatives now that are less nasty like Mesoheal Body HA (a hyaluronic acid based semi-permanent filler) and polyacrylate aqua gel based permanent fillers.
nightshadow42

Post by nightshadow42 »

I don't really want to invest in temporary options, especially HA because it's not cheap.

I've looked into other permanent options but a lot of them seem to still be new and there's not a lot of information about them.
Like I said, I feel confident with the idea of silicone, but I'm just looking for people that might have experience with the idea of ordering from a chem company.

I don't want to order it off of some website like Amazon cause that's just asking for trouble, and I don't really like the idea of buying it from another person like over twitter or something.
modex

Post by modex »

The company you have mentioned is reputable and well established. I have, however, no idea which of the several varieties you have in mind before I could adivse further.
nightshadow42

Post by nightshadow42 »

modex wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:44 pm The company you have mentioned is reputable and well established. I have, however, no idea which of the several varieties you have in mind before I could adivse further.
From what I can tell the different varieties are just different viscosities.
I was thinking a low viscosity to try and keep a softer feel if possible, so probably 5 cSt. (For reference vegetable oil is usually around 50 I believe)

I'm definitely open to suggestions on the cSt front though, I don't know what viscosity is normally used.
TinyChris

Post by TinyChris »

I was wondering what you plan to use the silicone for?
Where would you inject it?

TinyChris
nightshadow42

Post by nightshadow42 »

TinyChris wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:11 am I was wondering what you plan to use the silicone for?
Where would you inject it?

TinyChris
In my sack, I'm not really interested in putting it anywhere else
Mops21

Post by Mops21 »

@nightshadow42

Hi

I have some questions for you about this

1. Can you post some pictures of it please

2. And have you any experience or Feedbacks of it

3. And how long will it into the sack or anything

Mops21

@tryst

1. Can you post some pictures of it please

2. And have you any experience or Feedbacks of it

3. And how long will it into the sack or anything

Mops21
huge56

Post by huge56 »

hey! I have 200 cc arriving today from my supplier that I received my first 700cc from, haven't decided if I will go to 900 cc or not might be interested in selling, Thanks
huge56

Post by huge56 »

I have 2 bottles, 100cc each
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3876.jpg
will charge what I paid for them to get here,
huge56

Post by huge56 »

got it from France