Saline / Dextrose IV Bag

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Eldorio

Saline / Dextrose IV Bag

Post by Eldorio »

Just received this package from Atlantic Medical Supply, and I noticed that two of my 500 mL bags of Dextrose 5% had some droplets between the bag and the outer seal (see picture).

Would this bag be safe to use, or since there are a few droplets between the two layers, would it be considered contaminated? Never noticed this before. Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_0350.jpeg
bigbiggerbiggest

Re: Saline / Dextrose IV Bag

Post by bigbiggerbiggest »

Eldorio wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:59 pm Just received this package from Atlantic Medical Supply, and I noticed that two of my 500 mL bags of Dextrose 5% had some droplets between the bag and the outer seal (see picture).

Would this bag be safe to use, or since there are a few droplets between the two layers, would it be considered contaminated? Never noticed this before. Thank you!
Totally fine! Have fun :)
5Lsal

Post by 5Lsal »

It's most likely condensation, especially if it's if it's a little cooler in you area when you received it. If the outer bag is intact, nothing to worry about :)
Eldorio

Post by Eldorio »

Thanks all!

Spoke with Atlantic Medical Supply, and they confirmed everything you've said. It's condensation, and the manufacturer said that you may see as much as one ounce between the layers.