Head piercing tomorrow

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

bandit31985

Head piercing tomorrow

Post by bandit31985 »

Just received some piercing stuff and am planning on piercing my head just in front of the corona ridge. I plan to use some numbing agent and stab a 10 gauge needle and put a barbel in. The plan is to heal the piercing as an anchor to later split my head upto as to negate regrowth. Does anyone have any pointers or tips? Im racking my brain on how to place the piercing in the perfect spot dead center as I have ocd and want it perfect. Anyway will post pictures after the procedure and hope to hear from you guys with some tips or anything
colchesterbloke

Re: Head piercing tomorrow

Post by colchesterbloke »

Hope ig goes well for you. Its worth putting a making on your head so you can see where to aim and visualise where it will come out to make sure its centered. Your hand shake like fuck when faced with sticking a needle in your cock. Keep us posted.
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

I did that same thing myself (just behind the rim of my glans - in the groove) but since I didn't have a hypodermic needle I had to use a sewing needle. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to push it through. Just as it started to peek out the other (bottom) side the needle broke even with the top of my penis. Fortunately I was able to grip enough of the pointy end of the needle with vise grip pliers and pull it through. I quickly followed up with a smaller diameter needle, capped the ends with pencil erasers and left it like that for a couple day At that point I was able to remove the needle and insert a bar in it's place. I then started to stretch it till I got to a half inch diameter hole. Of course it would shrink down in size quickly when the object was removed. With a tunnel in it, it was awesome to see through my penis.

After it was completely healed it worked perfectly as a stopping point for by vertical glans split with no regrowth.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

If you have one or more mirrors you can use to see things from different angles it will help you to keep the piercing straight.

NTN had a good point about the effort it takes to force a needle through; it was way more than I expected as well. You have to have a good grip on the needle. I've seen videos where the piercer applied a lubricant (K-Y or something similar, looked like) to the needle, but I'm not sure that actually accomplishes anything.

The needle will 'tent' the skin on the opposite side before it comes through. That gives you the option of withdrawing and trying again at a different angle if the piercing isn't coming out at the felt-tip marker spot where you intended it to.
straightma1e

Post by straightma1e »

For accuracy it is best to obtain a pair of piercing clamps or forceps. They have a hole in the end and a guide to keep the needle straight. Mark both sides of the location and place the clamp in position and close it down. This is all after numbing cream has been applied to a sterilized skin surface. Once the clamp is in position you can push the needle through easily and then the jewelry.
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

All great tips from AndyJ and straightma1e. I found Vasoline to be a good lubricant for the needle. Didn't think about it until after the needle broke though.
bandit31985

Post by bandit31985 »

Well guys I failed. Thanks for all the replies. I had planned on using a 23 gauge play piercing needle as a guide for the 10 gauge to follow up. Also I have piercing forceps and lidocaine jell as lube to help the needle slide through. I got all set up, marked my hole locations and clamped on the clamp. My hands were shaking like a bastard as I touched the needle to the inside of my head. I pushed it almost all the way through and saw the tenting in the wrong spot on the outside of my head. I pulled the needle out and blood spurted like 4 feet. I was pretty mad and disappointed but after the bleeding stopped and the lidocaine wore off I went for another try but this time starting on the outside of my head. This time was closer and trout it was good but it was off center again. I’m glad I only pierced with the 23 gauge but now I’m left feeling defeated. My penis doesn’t hurt today and would like to try again but it is very daunting.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

You hit an artery. Sheer bad luck. Weeping, oozing, or seepage is common on glans piercings, but you had the bad luck to nail an artery. It probably happens to professional piercers from time to time, too, but since they usually push the needle through with the jewelry, the jewelry blocks excess squirtage.

I'd give the damaged area time to heal, at least until you don't have any discomfort when manipulating the area.

Now you know what it takes to make the piercing. On your next attempt you'll be better at getting the needle through in the correct orientation. Now that you have some experience, you might want to try a larger needle, and plan to push it through with small-diameter jewelry. Once you get the barbell or ring in, you can stretch to larger sizes without the whole "first piercing" hassle.
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

You don't necessarily need to hit an artery. The glans tissue is so porous it will spray in a stream regardless where you pierce if your glans is erect. I've had that happen numerous times. As Andy3 says you have to keep something in the piercing to plug it so it won't bleed. Or make sure you are flaccid.

Nevertheless with pressure for several minutes it will stop.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ »

Good to know. I keep forgetting how the glans is different from the rest of the body.
kalahari.

Post by kalahari. »

Please post plenty of photos!
K