Saline and blood thinners

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Curiousaussie

Saline and blood thinners

Post by Curiousaussie »

Hi all just wanting to know if anyone here has had any experience with saline with someone on blood thinners.I have a friend and would love to,introduce her to saline infusions but she’s permanently on blood thinners.
Thanks for any help or information
Curiousaussie

Re: Saline and blood thinners

Post by Curiousaussie »

So nobody here is on blood thinners?
I was hoping someone here could give some advice
BiggestHarry_

Post by BiggestHarry_ »

The lack of responses are likely because nobody knows, so nobody wants to be responsible for possibly greenlighting something potentially dangerous. Intuition says it's probably okay if they're fine drinking a lot of water? Your body will handle it very similarly to if you drank it, saline won't mess with your electrolyte levels by design, so, hard to say dude. Trial it, start with at max 2L i'd say, ease up steadily per session if you want to do more.

Body mass will matter too, i'm above average, a little chubby, i've taken up to 8L and been totally fine, your limit and safety depends on a lot of factors from person to person. Nobody is going to be able to tell you what's fine, but small amounts have very minimal risk in body chemistry, you just have to feel it out man.
5Lsal

Post by 5Lsal »

The concern with blood thinners would be more about bleeding I would think. Offhand bruising may be more of a problem and she'll likely have more difficulty closing up the injection site since the blood thinners prevent clotting, compounding the saline trying to seep back out the hole. if she's going to try I'd say 2l is a lot for a beginner, do a small amount like 250ml and see how it goes.

Have fun and be safe!
Curiousaussie

Post by Curiousaussie »

Thanks for the answers guys