Streching and scarring

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

ci67

Streching and scarring

Post by ci67 »

I have been sounding and stretching the meatus for a few years and I am now up to 15mm. I am able to insert my pinky or the index finger up to the first joint. With my finger, I have noticed a spot that feels rough. It is about a cm deep, so it is the inside of the head, and it is only on the back side. I don't know how to better describe it but it is the section between the urethra opening and the hole of a prince albert piercing (I don't have a piercing). That spot, on the back side, feels rough. The rest of that section feels normal and smooth.

I felt it first a few months ago but I didn't think it was anything serious since there was no pain or blood. I have been able to sound, stretch and see some progress. Everytime the meatus feels sore, I give it a break for 2-3 days but that rough spot doesn't go away.

My question is: is it scar tissue? Should I take a break from stretching for a couple of weeks and, if I do, will that area get smoother?
Also, if it is scar tissue, are there any issues it can cause?

On an another note, I am not sure how much stretching is too much. I usually stretch with plugs, rods and fingers. When I start feeling some discomfort from the stretching I assume that means it's working. Later on, when the urethra and especially the part that's inside the head gets sore and starts hurting, I stop and give it a day to rest. I almost never see any blood and I don't get any really sharp pain that feels like a tear.

Am I stretching too much or is some pain normal and to be expected?
URsinge

Re: Streching and scarring

Post by URsinge »

thinking scar tissue. every time I scrub away with a ribbed silicone stick, my hands got callused and i'm freely participating in a body-moddy
stretching I know less about, I have little but anecdotal experience with stretching to know how permanent, but if I lay off for a week, I run into resistance, sometimes some spotting