Temporary Meatotomy possible?

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

herrjonny

Temporary Meatotomy possible?

Post by herrjonny »

I've been reading a lot about performing meatotomies on this forum, and I find the idea of cutting myself one pretty hot and intriguing. I already have experience about that since I cut my frenum.

Now I'm also considering doing a meato, but what keeps me back is the idea that it is forever. I'm not sure yet whether I would want to keep it as soon as I have it. So my my idea is cutting it, letting it grow back together, and maybe cut it again (I like the cutting part). Here on the forum there is only little information about regrowth, and it only is about how to prevent it. Now my question is: if I leave the wound alone after cutting, will it grow back together? At least partially? Would that work with Clamp&Cut also or with "normal" cutting only?

I'm looking forward to your answers and will of course keep you updated ;)
Mods: DIY fren removal, 00g DIY deepish PA, high&tight circ (feb 2018), PPP removal (mar 2020), full meatotomy (jun 2020), radical low&tight recirc (Jan 2021), 6g RPA (Feb 2022)
Next: subincision
PM me!
Brahmaviharas

Re: Temporary Meatotomy possible?

Post by Brahmaviharas »

If you make only a very small cut, it may heal completely with very little scarring. But unfortunately a full meatotomy wold leave a scar if you allowed it to heal.

Trying to cut through that scar tissue would be much harder, and I'm afraid you'd end up with a less than satisfactory looking meatotomy.
madmax6

Post by madmax6 »

I think that a meato will not regrow
TetherSpout

Post by TetherSpout »

Consider also that a meato, even just a temporary one, would preclude you from ever being able to effectively make use of a tetherspout.
Dude19

Post by Dude19 »

A meatotomy is a permanent mod even though there maybe regrowth it is very minimal and rarely will completely regrow. I have had some regrowth on my meatotomy a few time but it doesn't go back all the way to where the cut started. If you like the idea of being able to sound larger sounds but don't want to have a permanent larger hole I would suggest stretching it instead first. But I will say that stretching can only go so far. Now from what I have read you like the cutting part more than anything else which I am the same way I liked the cutting part. I tried stretching but I got to a point where I wasn't happy with having to restretch it if I left it alone for a while. That's when I said enough I am going to cut it and once you start cutting stretching is not recommend as much.
If you do want to cut I will say take it in small steps. If you are like me about the cutting process you probably like taking a good size cut over a small cut but I will warn you the large the cut the faster you will run out of the glans. Smaller cuts also tend to regrow back more percentage wise than larger ones.
There is a surgery that will restore your meatotomy back to before you cut however that surgery will give you a smaller glans and most likely cannot be cut again.
P.s. Tetherspout, stop trying to sell your products every time someone has a question about meatotomies. The majority of use who answer these questions know the pros and cons of them and can help inform them whether they should or shouldn't preform a meatotomy and the other options that are available such as your tetherspout.
Be careful when trying new things. :D