Epilation

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

honkeytonk

Re: Epilation

Post by honkeytonk »

Nuderthannude.

What kind of electrolysis unit are you using?
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

I used an Inverness - One Touch but there are the exact same units under different names on ebay and other sites. The important thing is that it uses a stylus and has a power adjustment dial. They are powered by a 9 volt transistor battery.
kalahari.

Post by kalahari. »

Great thread, wonderful tips. Sound like electrolysis is the way to go.
K
Hazeleye

Post by Hazeleye »

Thirty-two years ago, I too, had enough of the hair-free feel by shaving and used the stylus style One Touch hair remover that NuderThanNude has described. I may not have used as much power as he did, since I did not have as quick a result. But the net result is that over the years of being hair-free, I have not chosen to look back! I even had one doctor advise me on my annual checkup that I should stop shaving the pubic area.
northernpumper

Post by northernpumper »

Can I ask what the doctors reasoning was behind advising you not to shave your pubic area? Was there a specific reason you shouldn't ? Doctors are kinda funny when they see things out of the norm. Should have heard my urologist when he saw my split glans. Heard him asking himself out loud all the way down the office hall saying why would any one willingly cut their penis head in half.
Hazeleye

Post by Hazeleye »

The doctor never did give a definite reason for not doing so. He was an older doctor, now retired and deceased. The only reason that I would believe would be for overall medical examination. The state of the pubic hair does have a reflection of certain medical conditions. The same way that it is said that a woman taken to emergency could be dead by the time they get all her cosmetics off to see what her actual health state is. My new doctor is younger and more accepting to the ways of people.
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

I did tend to use a higher power level as I wanted to make sure that the time I was spending wasn't in vein. When I did my pubic triangle I would say that somewhere in the 90's % never grew back after the 1st treatment. My pubic hair was coarser than on the rest of my body so it seemed easier to guide the stylus to the follicle and have a higher success rate, It only took 2 treatments to kill all of the hair follicles. Of course I used nearly full power also. My scrotum was pretty easy also as I did it when it was warm and thin and I could practically see through the skin to get the stylus to the follicle. My chest was harder and took 3 or 4 tries to get all of the hair. Of coarse I was working mostly with a magnifying mirror also. My legs were the toughest, especially the front of the upper part as it seemed more painful but I persevered. I think it is easier to use higher power when you are doing it yourself since you are in control and can stop momentarily if there is a lot of discomfort.

When I did my pubic area the electrolysis unit was stock as I purchased it. But I later modified it by putting a foot switch in series with the battery so I could maneuver the stylus to the follicle before current was applied. I later put an inexpensive digital electrical meter in series with the foot switch so I could see the amount of electrical current flow. The follicle is moist and will show a higher current when the stylus has reached it.

I had some red bumps that lasted a week or two after the treatment but once they went away the feel of the skin was amazing.

The best way to tell if the treatment was successful is if the hair slides out with absolutely no resistance. If I saw that there was resistance I stopped and retreated the follicle until it slid out easily.

The process does work but may not be for everyone as it does take patience. It does get easier with practice though.
gayyslaveone

Post by gayyslaveone »

I bought an epilator in LIDLs and it works great on arms, hands, legs, pupic area and under arms. Hair had been getting finer and now under arm only needs touching up every three weeks and looks fantstic!!!
Hairfree Hunk

Post by Hairfree Hunk »

Wow. I have had a significant amount of laser hair removal and, while my pubic hair has gone from petrified forest to soft, fine and slow growing...it's still there. I was about to see an electrologist to have it removed but I might give this a try. NuderThanNude, how long did it take you to clear all your pubic hair?
NuderThanNude

Post by NuderThanNude »

Everyone is different i the amount of hair they have so it's difficult to say how long it would take you but I was able to do my pubic triangle in a months time with working an hour or two (roughly) each evening. A few months later only a hand full of stragglers appeared which I completely removed in the next session. It does help if the hairs are thick as most pubic hair is because it is easier to guide the stylus to the hair follicle. I'm not sure how the laser treatments would affect that.
expansionsoundsfun

Post by expansionsoundsfun »

kiwibop wrote:I've shaved and I've epilated, and currently I'm using an IPL machine to reduce regrowth. Gotta say after maybe 8 weeks it's starting to work pretty well. Legs better than chest and pubes, but worth persevering with. seem to be working real well around the anus which is interesting - different skin tone/type maybe? Enjoying going from a hairy bear to a sleek seal!
I've been hearing a lot about IPL lately. How much (permanent?) reduction have you seen?
NuderThanNude wrote:My recommendation is that if you have made the decision that you prefer hair free pubes stop wasting all that time every week, or couple weeks, temporarily removing the hair and put the time toward removing the hair permanently with a home electrolysis unit. Once done you will never have to waste anymore time ever again. The most important part is that there is no comparison to the smoothness and sensitivity of the skin with temporary vs permanent removal. I plucked for years before coming across a home electrolysis unit that actually worked. I absolutely could not believe how much better the skin feels when the hair is eliminated permanently.

Would you mind typing up a guide on how to locate the follicles, or maybe linking to a decent video? I'd really like to get all the hair removed that I can before considering going to a pro.

Does this work with facial hair, too?