Post Infusion Hard areas in scrotum

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

boneforu88

Post Infusion Hard areas in scrotum

Post by boneforu88 »

Infused about 50 times so far. I use syringe versus bag and drip. I have found that each time harder to get an easy flow into scrotum. Just infused 5 days ago, may have pushed too hard on syringe and forced more than I should. Now I have these very hard areas on both sides (2"x 2" area) and they aren't going down much at all. Does anyone know what I may have done wrong? What are the hard pockets? Any anyone with same experience, does this subside eventually? Testes are fine so it's not them. Thanks for input.
B8rBear

Re: Post Infusion Hard areas in scrotum

Post by B8rBear »

It sounds like you may have infiltrated saline inbetween the tissue/muscle layers of the scrotum and not necessarily infused the fluid into the "potential" space that surrounds the testicles on each side of the scrotum. That's just my thought without examining them in person ... (wouldn't that be a great job, scrotal infusion assessment nurse!). Be sure the needle is in the "potential" space before infusing/injecting fluids. If you feel a hard spot and not a general filling, then you need to reposition the needle. Hope that helps.
boneforu88

Post by boneforu88 »

Thanks for the input. Don't want to rain on the parade, but this probably is a good experience for others to learn from. Up until now was mostly having fun with infusion.

Ended up going to Urgent Care Clinic.......you can imagine how embarrassing telling the Doc about it. What followed my earlier Post, was a spike in temp to fever, scrotum was growing larger/ harder than a baseball. Not a fun swelling.There was a raging infection caught inbetween skin layers - thus the baseball hardness. Had to go get a Sonogram...............another embarrassing moment, but needed to do this as fever was rising and pain was increasing. On antibiotics, with 101 temp.

Be safe.
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

WOW ... not only was it an infiltration but, infection !! Poor guy !!! I hope you mend soon! Just makes us realize ... sterile sterile sterile !! Get well. (Next time, blame it on a cut while shaving ... then you don't have to go into detail about scrotal infusions with the doc.)