The Disgusting Crusting Phase of PA Healing

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

CitizenDildo

The Disgusting Crusting Phase of PA Healing

Post by CitizenDildo »

Those of you w/ genital piercings know what I'm talking about.

That horrible crusting phase of the healing that begins about a week after you've been pierced.
How long does it take until this phase is over and done with, and what can I do to help the process move a little quicker?

Thanks in advance.
ringedjohn

Post by ringedjohn »

I have double PAs - both self-done. I had little or no bleeding, almost no pain and no problems with crusting. But I cannot give you a recipe - I am just telling of my experiences.

I am sure that the crusting will pass and you will get to enjoy having a PA piercing. Persevere :-)
TWFJR

Aftercare

Post by TWFJR »

Good care would include cleansing the piercing twice a day using a sterile saline solution. This is the solution many use for contacts, eye care. Hydrogen Peroxide can be used also, especially if their is any inflammation present, i. e., redness or the piercing is warm. Hydrogen peroxide will clean and then remove the surface of the piercing that is healing. Although it will damage the new skin growth it allows the skin to reestablish itself without inflammation or even worse infection setting in. Do not rotate the PA into the piercing until it has been cleaned. You do not want to drag the crust inside the piercing. By removing the crust you allow for a better healing process, with less scarring. You can also us Hiblicens to cleanse the piercing. Good luck.