50% dextrose

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Michaelhamilton

50% dextrose

Post by Michaelhamilton »

So i read that 30% dextrose swells up to about 10 times the volume. I thought this sounded awesome because i could quickly inject 100ml into my scrotum and then enjoy the swelling all day. I was looking for 30% but didnot find it. I did find this 50% though.

https://www.amazon.com/Durvet-Dextrose- ... B003BCAL1M

It says its sterile but also says its for cattle...do you think its safe for humans? Do you think 50ml would be safe to inject?
ncr1065

Re: 50% dextrose

Post by ncr1065 »

NO :!: Don't do this :!:

Every concentration over 10% is dangerous. I've tried several times 100 ml 50% in an already with saline prefilled scrotum and it went every time wrong. I still have a lump around the last injection side. Do me (and yourself) a favour and forget this idea.
Michaelhamilton

Post by Michaelhamilton »

ncr1065 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 am NO :!: Don't do this :!:

Every concentration over 10% is dangerous. I've tried several times 100 ml 50% in an already with saline prefilled scrotum and it went every time wrong. I still have a lump around the last injection side. Do me (and yourself) a favour and forget this idea.
And this is why we ask questions. Learn from other peoples mistakes. Thanks for the advice.
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

It was good of you to post this question. We see inquiries about D50 (50% dex) solutions once or twice a year.

Like the other reply said It is WAY too concentrated to infuse directly, even into an area that already has fluid infused.