Can CO2 be used in the place of N20 for belly & ball inflation?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

AnotherCrazyCanadian

Can CO2 be used in the place of N20 for belly & ball inflation?

Post by AnotherCrazyCanadian »

Hey everyone, I've recently come across a soda stream CO2 infuser, and I was hoping/wondering if that could be used for belly infusion, balls too if possible. I've heard it can hurt a bit, but is it safe to do? Is it too acidic or something?
PolandN2O

Re: Can CO2 be used in the place of N20 for belly & ball inflation?

Post by PolandN2O »

Hi! It is as safe as N2O as long as it is food grade CO2. I've read that CO2 can cause some kind of joint pain but that is all. It is addicting, I wish I could inflate myself everyday but I am afraid of stretchmarks and loose skin.
AnotherCrazyCanadian

Sweet, thanks Poland! It's a canister used for carbonating CO2 from now the biggest company in carbonation at home, so I think it's safe to assume it's food grade! Though you do have me curious on the joint pain. Where did you hear about that, and do you have a source?
PolandN2O

Post by PolandN2O »

I've read it over here and I think I know what is causing this. You know the sound that you make with your fingers joints? It is gas (propably CO2) expanding from synovial fluid. There is much more to tell about it but my english medical vocabulary is very limited ;)
JimmyJones

Post by JimmyJones »

Both C02 and N20 can cause problems.

C02 takes time to be absorbed by the body and can cause lots of discomfort while it does so. Sometimes it is used during surgery to create an inflated cavity for doctors to work in using small tools and cameras. Patients often suffer a few problems afterwards for sometimes weeks. They mostly use N20 for this now though.
http://www.abdomend.com/recovery-tips/m ... rgery.html

N20 can cause lots of things on its own as well like vitamin B12 deficiency. Make sure you are taking vitamins, or even a B12 supplement pill if you are going to be using N20. If you use N20 and wake up tired and sore all over the next day or two you are having a huge B12 deficiency.
https://www.prevention.com/health/a2048 ... eficiency/

Another problem that inflating causes is the drying of membranes and other things inside you. If you try inflating and staying inflated for several hours, delicate things inside you can dry out in the gas and become brittle. Its not a huge issue, but its something to be aware of.
AnotherCrazyCanadian

Thanks for the heads up Jimmy Jones! I will definitely stick to N2O In the future. Great point about things drying out, i'll keep that in mind!