Needle recommendations?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

AnotherCrazyCanadian

Needle recommendations?

Post by AnotherCrazyCanadian »

Hi all, I have tried my winged infusion set I got from marcheese medical supply but I find the infusion is so slow or not working at all. I tried saline in my scrotum and it worked a bit but then stopped when I pulled it out, only getting maybe 50 ml in after an hour. I'm trying it on my belly but it's still super slow even squeezing the bag. Did I get a poor choice of needle? What do you all recommend?

Needle:https://marchesemedicalsupplies.ca/wing ... ion-set-lm
mjim7

Re: Needle recommendations?

Post by mjim7 »

25g is just too way too small, I use 19g with gravity or 21g with pressure infusion, which is more complicated. 19g should be fine with a 1.8m admin set.
Tw125

Post by Tw125 »

For my part i using always 25G needles. 20 or 19 are to big and sometimes ( always....) saline or glucose swallow by this way during long time. If you use 25G with glucose after 2 mns the hole is close. I'm ordering 27G for my next time, juste need to try. But for sur 25G it's so perfect for infusion if you don't want any problem after infusion
Tw125

Post by Tw125 »

Forget to say something!!!! Use only one needle for one infusion. Don't try to do many injection with the same needle. Bye
mjim7

Post by mjim7 »

Je peux voir que de petites aiguilles peuvent travailler sur de minuscules pénis et d'autres équipements sur de petites personnes en Europe, mais en Angleterre nous avons de plus grandes choses qui ont besoin de plus grosses aiguilles :-)
AnotherCrazyCanadian

Post by AnotherCrazyCanadian »

Can anyone check out the site there and show me a link to a good needle? Or give me the specific name of what needle to get?
jddill

Post by jddill »

The bottom line is the bigger the needle, the faster the infusion.
However the bigger the needle the harder it is to plug the hole after.

I normally use 20 for n2o, but with saline it will drive you crazy trying to stop the back flow when it is time to take the needle out.
LusciousLR

Post by LusciousLR »

Personally I have always used 18g Green/white cannula from praxidienst. I do get a fair bit of leakage after though. But am a tad impatient lol. Just need to find a good skin sealent. I am hoping to infuse my labia next so am thinking i may need a smaller gauge butterfly cannula.
yaletownboy

Post by yaletownboy »

I like 19g, 21g and 23g needles the best. I've tried 25g and they are just too small to have a reasonable infusion rate.
Contrary to expectations I find the 19g needle holes easiest to close off after I'm done infusing. Maybe they leave a larger/bloodier wound, making the clotting afterwards easier?

I now go for 21g needles. I don't use the full needle width of a 19g, the rate of infusion that would max it out is just too painful.