2 litre help

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Willswilly

2 litre help

Post by Willswilly »

Howdy! I'm confused on how to infuse more than one litre of saline.... do you use an entirely different bag at he same time? Or two bags with one needle? Does the needle stay in?
Griffin

Re: 2 litre help

Post by Griffin »

Willswilly wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 am Howdy! I'm confused on how to infuse more than one litre of saline.... do you use an entirely different bag at he same time? Or two bags with one needle? Does the needle stay in?
I do one bag at a time, I leave the needle in and the IV line attached to the needle. When the saline bag is empty and before any air gets into the line, I close off the line so it isn't flowing anymore. I hang the fresh bag of saline up with the empty bag. Then VERY CAREFULLY remove part of the IV line that connects to the bag. Ensure that it touches absolutely nothing. I then remove the blue rubber stopper from the end of the fresh bag of saline and insert the IV line in, again ensuring the exposed end touches nothing other than the interior of the unstoppered tube from the bag.

Hope that helps.
Willswilly

Post by Willswilly »

Okay, that's what I had thought in my head but wanted some confirmation. My first litre went well the other day so next time I might try for 2, there was a lot of room still lol
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

That's fantastic! Best of luck and we're looking forward to seeing your big results! :)