sodium chloride .45%

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

eam2012

sodium chloride .45%

Post by eam2012 »

So I bought this on accident. Still safe to infuse?
PolandN2O

Re: sodium chloride .45%

Post by PolandN2O »

How much of it you bought?
gracy

Post by gracy »

Sir do not infuse everything ok. Take medical advise from a certified medical practitioner so that you get what you wanted.
eam2012

Post by eam2012 »

gracy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 pm Sir do not infuse everything ok.
I don't get what you're saying by this. The grammar doesn't make sense.
gracy

Post by gracy »

Oh sorry
brock.vegas

Post by brock.vegas »

It is a weaker solution of salt/sodium chloride instead of the usual .9%. It will just take more to have the same results as using .9%
PolandN2O

Post by PolandN2O »

It is not a weaker solution. When you infuse it your body will try to dilute the solution to 0,9% saline. So basicaly it will draw water from your body like any other hypertonic solution. If you infuse 2 pounds (about 1 kg) it will turn into 11 pounds (about 5 kg). It will be like infusing 5 liters of normal 0,9 saline. You may also get dehydated, so you do it on your own risk. I never liked saline there is pretty high chance turning your ballsack into fishtank.
Rex85

Post by Rex85 »

.45% is not five times .9%. It is half. It’s a lower concentration but hardly dangerous to inject. No more dangerous than regular .9%. Sodium Chloride is just salt. It’s a primary electrolyte your body uses to send electrical signals for nerves and muscles. Using the .45% can slightly reduce your electrolyte concentration if you infuse a LOT of it, but you can offset the difference by eating some crackers or drinking a Pedialyte or sports drink high in electrolytes. You’ll be fine.

With all that said, I’m not a doctor or medical professional so don’t base health and medical decisions on what someone on some Internet forums tells you. Research it yourself or talk to a doctor about it. I’ve used the .45% solutions before and never had any issue.
Troika

Post by Troika »

No true, 0.9% saline is isotonic because there is less sodium in 0.45% saline, fluitld will move into towards it until it reaches an equilibrium. Its basic osmotic theory. Its why drinking distilled water is really bad. It tends to pull mineral rich fluids into it, dehydrating you in the process.
rajrajiv

Post by rajrajiv »

Normal body saline concentration is 0.9% nacl and what you are infusing is 0.45% which is 1/2 of concentration of 0.9% nacl. so, according to osmolarity theory there is higher water potential in 0.45% nacl therefore, water will move out of your balls much faster into the body and the swelling will subside much faster.
Troika

Post by Troika »

rajrajiv wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:12 pm Normal body saline concentration is 0.9% nacl and what you are infusing is 0.45% which is 1/2 of concentration of 0.9% nacl. so, according to osmolarity theory there is higher water potential in 0.45% nacl therefore, water will move out of your balls much faster into the body and the swelling will subside much faster.
This is correct. If you want a visual example, check this video out. You don't have to watch it all the way to the end, just the bit about the example about osmosis.

https://youtu.be/J3HivpHP-5I?t=262

Note: The video is about a lady who drank 3 gallons of distilled water to win a wii from a radio contest. If you're interested in biology n' such, its a pretty educational video.
PolandN2O

Post by PolandN2O »

Oh sorry i haven't seen that dot before 45 xD my bad. Hypotonic solutions may cause tissues swelling.
gabrielageo

Post by gabrielageo »

it's sterile water safe for injection? There's a shortage of saline and I'm tempted to inject with that or vet's saline
PumperSoCal

Post by PumperSoCal »

gabrielageo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 am it's sterile water safe for injection? There's a shortage of saline and I'm tempted to inject with that or vet's saline
Short answer is no. Sterile water is NOT for injection, it's designed for irrigation purposes. You can quote this for the other 7 threads you posted this question in :roll:
Straight Pumper& Infuser

"I look normal on the outside, but you have no idea what lies beneath this brilliant camouflage."
Marcus20

Post by Marcus20 »

gabrielageo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 am it's sterile water safe for injection? There's a shortage of saline and I'm tempted to inject with that or vet's saline
Research and actually read before you post in five+ threads, it bogs down the forum with unnecessary bs.
brock.vegas wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:00 am It is a weaker solution of salt/sodium chloride instead of the usual .9%. It will just take more to have the same results as using .9%
And this is the answer some of you may be looking for. It is a weaker solution and if it were me, this would be one of the last things I’d use on myself. My top list of solutions would be 5% glucose/dextrose, glucose 5% mix w 0.9% saline, 0.9% saline.