Max amount of saline that can be safely infused?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Troika

Re: Max amount of saline that can be safely infused?

Post by Troika »

I believe that maXXXbulge and sbxguy both have gone past 5L when infusing, I'm not sure though. I'm not super experienced with this but I think it may vary between people since everyone's body isn't the same.
leggera16

Post by leggera16 »

I havnt got my head around what it all means but did try plasmalyte first as it sounded better. I think its isotonic with lower chloride. I felt great for a couple of days but i instantly peed loads after 2l.

Then i used the lactated ringers and hartmanns 3l. It almost stopped me peeing and got swollen ankles. Felt like id been eating crisps in my sleep the next morning. Dry mouth. Felt crappy for a few days.

Im not in great health so and am known to be sensitive to things. Was still fun but i too wonder about this as im going for 4l in boobs if i can. It gets absorbed much faster than balls.

Go have a look on google. Lots mention acidosis and renal problems if you go too fast into a vien. I doubt its really compares to balls as you suck it up slow.

Some fluids are isotonic and infusions sites all absorb at different speeds. Lots of variables to put a fixed number on it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2082917/
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Most I've ever done in the course of 36 hours was 7 liters. Got to 29" circumference (search on my ID and you'll find the pictures).

Did 5 liters over 12 hours last weekend.

All 5% Dex. Would imagine I could do 8 or 9 liters of 0.9% NaCl in a weekend. But then, I'm 'big' in the sack....
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

During an infusion, depending on how various parts of your body are constructed, the infused solution will also flow into the body cavity while it pools in the infused area. This is why some men "tie-off", to help keep the infused fluid in the desired area.

When someone infuses 3 or more liters, most of it flows into the body. The idea of infusing that much isn't so much the volume of the infusion, but the length of time that the skin is held at maximum tension. A 5 liter infusion would take HOURS, and that's a long time for your skin to be forced to grow.

Unless you've got lots of room and/or have been infusing for years, there's really no need to infuse more than 3 liters.
(see flexibag's post he just made. THAT man has got a LOT of room and has been infusing for ages) :)
leggera16

Post by leggera16 »

Heres some advice on amounts in a 24hr period. Even mentions dextrose.

Have to say after dextrose ive been jiggly for weeks in my tits and belly lol. Pretty sure my fats absorbed it. I did 3l saline and 1l dextrose.

http://www.icid.salisbury.nhs.uk/Medici ... ionCP.aspx
gabrielageo

Post by gabrielageo »

it's sterile water safe for injection? There's a shortage of saline and I'm tempted to inject with that or vet's saline
Velcroman

Post by Velcroman »

gabrielageo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:58 am it's sterile water safe for injection? There's a shortage of saline and I'm tempted to inject with that or vet's saline
DON’T EVER USE PLAIN WATER UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH
eam2012

Post by eam2012 »

gabrielageo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:58 am it's sterile water safe for injection? There's a shortage of saline and I'm tempted to inject with that or vet's saline
you need to stop asking this. The answer is no, no matter how many times you ask...
Velcroman

Post by Velcroman »

eam2012 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:22 am
you need to stop asking this. The answer is no, no matter how many times you ask...
Absolutely 100%. NO NO NO BLOODY NO!