Research Marathon Week

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

mxpmpr

Research Marathon Week

Post by mxpmpr »

I will start by saying that I do not upload photos because even though for me, the size achieved was very satisfactory, it is not as exciting as the photos of some of my heroes like flexibag. I had tried on previous occasions saline. I have never passed two and a half liters in a single session, although I had some problems. I experienced what some have described as the sweating scrotum. I also had trouble sealing the needle hole and proper needle size as well as needle type, until I decided on the size 18 catheter. As in any research, I did not find possible alternative solutions, until I asked the right questions. Why sweat the scrotum? Is there any reason that is not directly related to the speed of the infusion or to the skin being stretched too much?
So, remembering lessons in biology, I wondered if that sweat was not due to some kind of chemical imbalance. If you are taking too much sodium, you need to balance your potassium levels. At the same time, I tried to change the alcohol to disinfect, used at the time of catheter removal and I decided to add cotton imbued with hydrogen peroxide, which serves to promote healing. What happened? I spent the last four days doing saline infusions. I relate my experience day by day.
Day 1. Total amount: 2 liters and 200 ml. I started with a liter, because when making an improper movement and having badly fixed the needle, it came out. I sealed the hole in the traditional way, in a few minutes. I decided to wait a couple of hours before continuing, thus giving the scrotum a chance to get accustomed to distention. The speed of this first liter, previously warmed in the microwave, was slow compared to the rate used in the past. The next liter and 200 ml was at a faster speed. The expansion of the scrotum was comfortable, the sealing without problems. The sweaty scrotum was not present. To balance sodium, I previously ingested foods rich in potassium, such as bananas.
Day 2. Total amount: 1 liter and 800 ml. Less than 24 hours after the first infusion. A potassium-rich diet was once again ingested. The speed was relatively fast. Precautions were taken to avoid migration of solution to undesirable locations. The skin of the scrotum and the penis reached their limit. It did not go further because the process was beginning to be painful. But desire was not lacking. The sealing of the hole was of the traditional way, without any problem.
Day 3. Total amount: Liter and a half. In spite of the dimensions reached, the skin did not show any problem during the day. The same precautions were taken to avoid migration, as well as potassium intake. The dimensions achieved this day were higher than the previous day, although the amount was lower. There was no discomfort in the skin. However, there were problems with the sealing. The hydrogen peroxide was applied for the first time, after having tried to seal twice and have had to remove the glue with acetone. It was possible to seal the hole. However here appeared the question about the use of hydrogen peroxide to seal. Also came the question of whether its use would be appropriate for the sweat phenomenon of the scrotum.
Day 4. Total amount: One liter. During the day the problem of sweat in the scrotum was presented slightly, in very specific points. Oxygenated water was used, and although it burns, although less than alcohol, the scrotum stopped sweating without manifesting any subsequent problem or recurrence of the phenomenon. After the infusion, by personal necessity, I had to leave the catheter in place, well fixed and with its lid to prevent leakage. Half an hour later, I first used cotton with alcohol to remove it. Immediately I changed to cotton with hydrogen peroxide, with a little pressure. After 20 minutes, the cotton was removed. The hole had sealed itself. There was no escape throughout the night nor was there any kind of discomfort.
Day 5. No more infusion. Continue with the diet rich in potassium. Only until this day did the need to urinate more consistently become present. There was no leakage or sweating of the scrotum. The skin feels comfortable, because it has been moisturizing constantly with cocoa cream. It has been 24 hours since the last infusion. The size remains good, although it is noticeable that it has reduced faster than the previous days, perhaps because of the constant urge to urinate.

Conclusion: Perhaps what I presented in my experience this week is already well known. As we say in Mexico, perhaps "I am discovering the black thread and inventing the boiled water." But I think there are four things that I found useful.
1. The first slow infusion and small amount, with a good pause to continue, allowed the skin to become accustomed to being distended.
2. The diet rich in potassium partially prevented sweating of the scrotum.
3. Oxygenated water assists both in sealing the holes left by the catheter in the skin and in stopping perspiration of the scrotum when it appears at specific points.
4. As it sealed without glue, the day the catheter was left for a while, the question remains whether this helps seal the hole more easily.

Finally, I must say that this was the week in which I used more saline solution: a total of six and a half liters. I can not wait to have the opportunity to do it for more days and with more amount per day!
Keep huge!

Eric