Helium

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

PolandN2O

Helium

Post by PolandN2O »

Sup!

I've been doing n2o for some time. I never got very big because scrotum was deflating too fast when i was changing cartridges. Today i decided to buy helium carnister (about 450 liters). Do you think that helium will be good replacement for N2O?
Marcus20

Re: Helium

Post by Marcus20 »

Well considering it is lighter than air, I would be considering if it would migrate that much easier. I wouldn't know though, I haven't used gasses.
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

Deleted.
Last edited by SFBallpumper on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper »

ole.saline wrote:simply take Bis(2-chlorethyl)thioether or Phosgen!!! it works very fast ++++
I looked up those two chemicals. They're both used in chemical warfare. Um... are you crazy or just suicidal?
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
5Lsal

Post by 5Lsal »

Reported the User for the Chemical warfare chemicals for what it's worth.

To answer the question, Helium is non-reactant in the human body and doesn't form other compounds.

From what I've been able to read (having thought about doing this myself) the main danger from helium is breathing too much and suffocating as it displaces Oxygen in normal circumstances. Conversely, it's also used in Helium/Air mixtures for divers to breathe at great depths.

Problem is, unless you've gotten a tank of medical grade helium it won't be sterile and the tank manufacturers tend to use oil in the tank to keep the insides from rusting. If you get any of the oil in your air lines, it wouldn't be good.

The helium itself is probably ok but the stuff in the helium is what you need to worry about...this goes a bit beyond the usual "Potential risks of infection" all inflaters have so I probably wouldn't try it.
powerfulpete1235

Post by powerfulpete1235 »

For what its worth...ole.saline's comment on the chemical warfare stuff was totally tongue in cheek. He was saying you're an asshole for thinking of using helium in his own way. Just wanted to try to clear that up cause hes been around and posts here alot of his exploits. Matter of fact you can gain alot of valueable knowledge from him if you pay attention. Just my 2 cents.
PolandN2O

Post by PolandN2O »

powerfulpete1235 wrote:For what its worth...ole.saline's comment on the chemical warfare stuff was totally tongue in cheek. He was saying you're an asshole for thinking of using helium in his own way. Just wanted to try to clear that up cause hes been around and posts here alot of his exploits. Matter of fact you can gain alot of valueable knowledge from him if you pay attention. Just my 2 cents.
Nope in my opinion he is just rude. If he is worth listening to, he should give a normal advice, he just said “go kill yourself” in a snobbish way. Why someone deleted these posts? Everyone should see what kind of person he is.
Anyway, I will order a big canister with n2o instead of helium.
Black_Wing

Post by Black_Wing »

Does the gas have medical grade? There are differences in quality and purification. If you want to try it take medical grade...
"quit"

Post by "quit" »

helium takes about almost 2 weeks to deflate. trust me you better have a lot of time on your hands
cjfatnite

Post by cjfatnite »

[quote=""quit""]helium takes about almost 2 weeks to deflate. trust me you better have a lot of time on your hands[/quote]
That's kind of hot
-CJ
jddill

Post by jddill »

wow, how does it migrate if it takes that long to go down.
"quit"

Post by "quit" »

jddill wrote:wow, how does it migrate if it takes that long to go down.
it migrate the same way N2O but way slower
jddill

Post by jddill »

So a lot more like saline then?
That sound kind is cool, saline gas.

n2o goes migrates so fast and then is gone is more or less gone over night.
5Lsal

Post by 5Lsal »

PolandN2O wrote:Anyway, I will order a big canister with n2o instead of helium.
Hi Poland, again you have to be careful, in north America N20 is a controlled substance because of it's strong euphoric effect. You can get large canisters for automotive use ("NOS" like you see in the movies) but it has additives that make it unsafe/poisonous for human consumption.

Medical grade in this case would be stuff used by dentists or food grade for cream whippers.

If you're having trouble getting a good stretch it might be simpler just to get a second (and third!) cream whipper or whatever you're using now.

Good luck!
PolandN2O

Post by PolandN2O »

pumpinit you are rude.