Important safty question with catheters

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Zeroth16

Important safty question with catheters

Post by Zeroth16 »

I accidently bought a box of 20g needles instead of 21. They look much bigger that what I have used before. Are these too big to use? This may be a silly question to some people, but I don't want to risk hurting myself with a hole that's too big to heal correctly. Will these be okay?
StretchMine

Re: Important safty question with catheters

Post by StretchMine »

I think you'll be fine. I regularly use a 20 but I've used all sizes over the years.
Long time pumper/stretcher/infuser. [email protected]
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Personally, I use 18 Ga.
Zeroth16

Post by Zeroth16 »

Alright cool. Just had to make sure I was not going overboard. Thank you for the responces
Zeroth16

Post by Zeroth16 »

I absolutely hate the needles I just got. I finished my latest liter dextrose infusion. I hate these needles because they are all metal... no plastic covering after you pull the metal out... nothing. i tried 4 needle placements and after a while they all left a stinging which did not happen before. Ten minutes after the infusing it still stings... I am sticking with the ones that leave in a plastic covering. Unfortunately I want to use all my needles so I don't waste them... and I have 99 left.
StretchMine

Post by StretchMine »

You have butterfly needles. Some men use them and like them. I prefer the plastic sheathed catheters. The butterfly ones work as well but from a comfort POV I'll take the plastic.
quote="Zeroth16"]I absolutely hate the needles I just got. I finished my latest liter dextrose infusion. I hate these needles because they are all metal... no plastic covering after you pull the metal out... nothing. i tried 4 needle placements and after a while they all left a stinging which did not happen before. Ten minutes after the infusing it still stings... I am sticking with the ones that leave in a plastic covering. Unfortunately I want to use all my needles so I don't waste them... and I have 99 left.[/quote]
Long time pumper/stretcher/infuser. [email protected]
Malcosskin

Post by Malcosskin »

plastic catheter take longer time to close hole, even never really closed... Metal needle is perphect.
Iph hole dont get closed, just pump it aphter, blood will phlow out and help the closing process phrom body. Hot shower help also...
press quietly the hole with alcool pad...