The only stupid question is the one you don't ask right?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

powerfulpete1235

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask right?

Post by powerfulpete1235 »

Okay.....here it goes.....I've got diagnosed with Cancer and I'm receiving Chemo treatments once every 3weeks. I've recently received great news, after 3 treatments, the 3 small tumors I had are now gone so the doc cut me back from 8 treatments to 6. I have 2 left then I'll be placed on maintance treatment once every 3 months for 2 yrs.

My question is this....is it safe for me to infuse with .09%saline still while going thru the Chemo ??? I plan on staying away from Dex till I'm done with this crap, but I'm SOOOOOO itching to grow again.
phranti

Re: The only stupid question is the one you don't ask right?

Post by phranti »

Firstly, great news on your remission. Fingers crossed you've kicked cancer's ass for good.

As for inflating, honestly I have no idea. I think it would be advisable to speak with your doctor/consultant about it. Now obviously this is no mean feat but something worth doing, just in case. I'm pretty sure no Dr would recommend it but they should atleast be able to tell you if it is a big fat "oh hell no!"
boobies!!!!
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

I can say for a fact that nobody on this site has the level of medical knowledge to advise whether it's safe to infuse during/after chemo.

Physiologically speaking infusing a liter is probably not much different than drinking a liter of salt water slowly over a few hours.

HOWEVER: don't let that sound like medical advice: it's not. Talk to your doctor. Doctors know best. In your situation doctors are the ONLY ones who know for certain.
inflationfetish

Post by inflationfetish »

There may be doctors on this site, you never know! The honest truth is your doctor like most doctors has probably never heard of saline inflation unless they are a urologist and even then they probably know nothing about it in any applied sense except a few case studies of infections afterwards. They are always going to say NO NO NO! Even if you were 100% healthy right now... in the broader sense they would be "correct" in saying never to do inflations as it is always a risk of infection and your body will absorb the excess fluid somehow. How the body handles saline though through the peritoneum is another story.

https://books.google.com/books?id=NASIB ... um&f=false

Medicine in this country is practiced purely defensively. Doctors are generally taught physiology and disease processes. "Fun" things to do with medicine in healthy people are not a risk doctors are willing to take. Any "recreational" medicinal subjects are always going to receive a stout "NO" if you ask a doctor, or at best an "I don't know but can't recommend it"... that is why there are no doctors doing silicone injections, why hormone replacement doctors are a fringe group at present and your doc will probably have never heard of saline infusion... Don't expect much advice. Good luck and be careful in whatever you do. Stay healthy!
powerfulpete1235

Well truth be told I drink close to 1 gallon of water daily as it is now since it helps eliminate the cells that have been destroyed and keeps the organs hydrated. It was recommended to drink 3-4l daily so I guess I'm around that area. Yes Most if not all MD will advise against infusing I'm sure of it. I know my blood work that is done just before each treatment(every 3 weeks) comes back good. WBC is normal due to elasta injection after each treatment, RBC is a tad low as to be expected, but I offset that by eating red meat. Platllets are normal too. I'm thinking 1liter of saline isn't going to hurt a thing, even a tad bit more, BUT dex is something I'll wait on for a long while until I'm finished completely with the maintance aspect of treatment.

Yeah...kicking cancers ass big time and going about my business. Thats where I am right now.
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

powerfulpete1235 wrote:kicking cancers ass big time and going about my business. Thats where I am right now.
Good for you, man. You are Powerful, after all ;) Kick cancer's ass! :)
powerfulpete1235

Thanks!
powerfulpete1235

UPDATE!!!! Had my LAST round of chemo yesterday. Have supplies of saline, iv sets and butterflies at the ready. Looking at next week to FINALLY get huge again after my 5 month ordeal that began June 7th. Look for plenty of Pics as I'm going for 2liters right off the bat. :twisted:
be_sham

Post by be_sham »

Great news!!!

Grow HUGE!!!!